Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide on how to fit DRL's to mk7 fiesta

benholden2008

photo0406x.jpg

as promised^^^^!!!! my sidelight has gone rather annoyingly, before i fitted these it only worked when it wanted too though... but i think it looks the sheeet!!!!!

and with this guide saying you bought the cable lock connectors things from halfords, did you not notice that bang next too them was electrical tape?! haha

looking good, i'd deffernatly recommend led sidelights and either philips diamond vision or Halfords ultra blue(the ones i have) for the dipped beam to get rid of the yellow.

looking good, i'd deffernatly recommend led sidelights and either philips diamond vision or halfords ultra blue(the ones i have) for the dipped beam to get rid of the yellow.

photo0407f.jpg

i just fitted the bright white bulbs i was using in the boot so i could actually see in there when its dark lol and the healights are new xenon ones

ok so took the plunge Friday and fitted halfrauds ultra bright white light and not blue.but now considering fitting led side lights to match but because the voltage is so low will it not come up with a bulb problem on dashboard.due to the canbus wiring system so has any 1 fitted them o mk7 and did it come up with a fault..

never had a fault light come up on mine, i drove around for a week without any sidelights and never had a fault light, does it even have one?

never had a fault light come up on mine, i drove around for a week without any sidelights and never had a fault light, does it even have one?

it should do. because the led's are a different power and it should send a strange signal to management system of car.

Not to put a downer on your lights but I had some led strip lights (used on a 12v system) same as what you have fitted and they only lasted 2 months!!!

well i've never had any messages come up about my LED's so cant see it being a problem for anyone else. and what happened to them after 2months? the ones i have supposedly have 50,000 hours of life, only time will tell i suppose

well i've never had any messages come up about my LED's so cant see it being a problem for anyone else. and what happened to them after 2months? the ones i have supposedly have 50,000 hours of life, only time will tell i suppose

defeats the purpose really to wire drls up correctly you need relays and it should be wired to the ignition so that they automatically come on with the ignition on these drls that work only on sidelights whats the point the sidelights do the same job they may look a bit better but they wont last as they arent correctly wired up also as leds have a lower power rating then youre bulbs either the leds will be getting more power or the lights will get less

I did'nt even think the mk 7 had a bulb out warning indicator :S

• 9 months later...

Hi mate, I found your supplied information on the subject of LED lights, very useful, but need some help with my problem if you can help?

I also fitted some LED’s as per your instructions; everything works ok except the LED lights are flashing with the indicators, I used the same two connections as shown on your photograph of the connector, but the LED running lights are flashing with the indicator lights, when I have the side lights on. Any idea what I need to do to put this right, before the law men pull me up. I have already had a car in front pullover to let me past, as he must of thought it was an unmarked police car.

PS

My lights are two separate units not like the Audi lights, they look very good and make the car much more visible, I don't want to have to take hem off, if I can help it.

Any advice will be much appreciated

Many thanks

SBW

Hi mate, I found your supplied information on the subject of LED lights, very useful, but need some help with my problem if you can help?

I also fitted some LED’s as per your instructions; everything works ok except the LED lights are flashing with the indicators, I used the same two connections as shown on your photograph of the connector, but the LED running lights are flashing with the indicator lights, when I have the side lights on. Any idea what I need to do to put this right, before the law men pull me up. I have already had a car in front pullover to let me past, as he must of thought it was an unmarked police car.

PS

My lights are two separate units not like the Audi lights, they look very good and make the car much more visible, I don't want to have to take hem off, if I can help it.

Any advice will be much appreciated

Many thanks

SBW

That would be awesome unmarked fez police car! :lol:

• 6 months later...

very nice mate good job.

were did you get them from as i will do it to mine.

how easy was it and how long did it tack.

• 3 months later...

gallery_26539_649_1167408.jpg

I think having separate LEDs looks better than a continuous row ...

they do look good, more professional almost... but i had a set, and with the picture, they dont seem to be many that go the full length of the lights, which i think dont look as good

• 5 months later...

Apologies for bumping an old thread but I'm away to fit DRls next week and wondering which number on the plug is the feed to the dipped beam headlights?

picture087d.jpg

Haynes manual says LH light dipped beam is Violet/Orange wire & RH is Brown/Blue, does that help?

Haynes manual says LH light dipped beam is Violet/Orange wire & RH is Brown/Blue, does that help?

Perfect Nathan, thanks matey! tbh you were the one I'd hoping would answer my question haha ;)

Perfect Nathan, thanks matey! tbh you were the one I'd hoping would answer my question haha ;)

You're welcome :) What style of DRL's are you going for?

You're welcome :) What style of DRL's are you going for?

Halo LEDs mate, placing them down at the fogs, got the idea from Himi over at ZSOC :)

I'd be interested to see the finished product cause I'm tempted to fit drl's to my mk6. Be sure to post photos when they're done!

I'd be interested to see the finished product cause I'm tempted to fit drl's to my mk6. Be sure to post photos when they're done!

Sure thing mate :)

Sure thing mate :)

Cheers. I'm putting new headlight and sidelight bulbs at the weekend and will be doing a detango of the lights next week. After that I'm stuck for what to do to her so DRL's might just fill my days nicely!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there guys -

Firstly, thanks to benholden2008. Have been following the step by step guide which was cracking, so thanks.

In addition to it though. I want to fit after market LED DRLs to my new model Fiesta Zetec S 59 plate. I've been reading up about it, and according to UK law on fitting DRLs, they must light automatically on ignition but turn off once sidelights are applied. This would therefore go against attaching the lights via cable lock connectors to the sidelights. Firstly, does anyone know whether this is definitely the case? That being so, how could you wire the lights so they do meet UK Law standards on DRLs?

Any help would be really appreciated as I'm stumped about this one...

Cheers,

Alex

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club