59 replies to this topic

#16 benholden2008

benholden2008

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Ford Model: ford fiesta
Posted 01 February 2010 - 08:12 AM

I would suggest that you can't drive around without sidelights - even if you've fitted these strips.

If you want this stuck to the top of the forum, you need to make it look like (bluntly) it has been written by an adult rather than a four year old.

in what way does it look like it's been written by a four year old? Starting to wonder why I even bothered now, atleast it's here for people who are planning on fitting them who may find it usefull. Oh and I have fitted sidelights, led ones, only removed them untill the led ones arrived

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 bigjock

bigjock

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Name: BigJock
  • Ford Model: Mk7 Fiesta Titanium, Nissan Juke Tekna
  • Year: 2008

Posted 01 February 2010 - 09:47 AM

in what way does it look like it's been written by a four year old? Starting to wonder why I even bothered now, atleast it's here for people who are planning on fitting them who may find it usefull. Oh and I have fitted sidelights, led ones, only removed them untill the led ones arrived

it's a wonder there are many members left in this forum with the sarcastic/pointless replies posted by some recently. this thread is exactly what this forum is all about, is it not? someone has taken the time and effort to post information/pics to the potential benefit of fellow members and this is the gratitude they receive. granted the subject may not be to every members taste but if thats the case then leave the thread and go read/mod another one. at the end of the day the chap you have childishly called a "4 year old" still manages to drive the same car as you so he surely cant be that stupid unless you are too!?

#18 benholden2008

benholden2008

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts
Posted 01 February 2010 - 09:53 AM

it's a wonder there are many members left in this forum with the sarcastic/pointless replies posted by some recently. this thread is exactly what this forum is all about, is it not? someone has taken the time and effort to post information/pics to the potential benefit of fellow members and this is the gratitude they receive. granted the subject may not be to every members taste but if thats the case then leave the thread and go read/mod another one. at the end of the day the chap you have childishly called a "4 year old" still manages to drive the same car as you so he surely cant be that stupid unless you are too!?

excellent comment, exactly what i was thinking

#19 bigjock

bigjock

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 10:00 AM

excellent comment, exactly what i was thinking

it had to be said, this is just one of a few threads that i have picked up on recently. if the responsible individuals don't take note then they may find themselves rather lonely in a forum with few long term contributing members.

#20 KeithC

KeithC

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts
  • Ford Model: New Fiesta 1.4 Titanium
Posted 01 February 2010 - 11:16 AM

Personally, I think the threads that should be stickied are ones that are useful to the majority of forum users. This modification is one that I believe only a small minority would do so therefore not worthy of a sticky. The forum has a very good search facility that is underused by lots of users and if anyone would want to do this mod then a quick search would reveal this thread.

#21 benholden2008

benholden2008

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts
Posted 01 February 2010 - 09:12 PM

Mine are here now going to spend tomorrow off college (in my frees) fitting them up :D been dying get them on really is annoying me!! changed all the lights on the car to ice white so they dont look daft the LED's :)

anyway enough of the bitching lets get bk to the topic, did you get yours fitted nico? Any pics? How did you wire them up?

#22 DanGull

DanGull

Area Rep: Midlands (Despite owning a Seat)

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,229 posts
  • Ford Model: Formerly a Mk7 Fiesta Titanium 1.6 TiVCT now a Seat Leon FR+ 2.0TDI 170
  • Year: 2014

Posted 01 February 2010 - 10:03 PM

Ok ok - the turn of phrase I used was poorly chosen, I had a bad day yesterday and I apologise...

However, the point of the post still stands - sticky posts are posted up as an example of FOC as a resource rather than just a social forum. There are enough members/people out there who value the English language that I would ask that if you want it to be considered as a sticky - you clean up the way it's written.

The issue as to whether or not the post's content is right for a sticky is completely different - but it is true that we don't usually have such specific topics pinned to the forums. As Keith has said, the search function is the first port of call for most people looking for information on a specific topic.

Again - I do apologise for the original comment.

#23 bigjock

bigjock

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 10:40 PM

Ok ok - the turn of phrase I used was poorly chosen, I had a bad day yesterday and I apologise...

However, the point of the post still stands - sticky posts are posted up as an example of FOC as a resource rather than just a social forum. There are enough members/people out there who value the English language that I would ask that if you want it to be considered as a sticky - you clean up the way it's written.

The issue as to whether or not the post's content is right for a sticky is completely different - but it is true that we don't usually have such specific topics pinned to the forums. As Keith has said, the search function is the first port of call for most people looking for information on a specific topic.

Again - I do apologise for the original comment.

very pleased to read this reply it's exactly what i had hoped for. im not clear on the credentials for a "sticky thread" but for me that responsibility/judgment lies with yourselves as mod's and i should hope that all members accept and abide by your decisions. i believe this forum is extremely well run and would like to thank all mod's for the time and effort they put into it. i have gained some invaluable information since joining and hope to share this as best i can with any new members. we are all guilty of posting regrettable comments, i myself felt great shame having posted a ridiculous comment with regard bashing an alloy wheel only the other day. reflection is a most valuable tool so long as we have the ability to acknowledge our mistakes. hoping you also, have had a better day, bigjock.

#24 DONFRAMAC

DONFRAMAC

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk6 1.25 Zetec Climate '58 reg

Posted 02 February 2010 - 03:42 AM

I have been most interested in the way these DRL's were fitted. My accessories dealer did not really try to explain how the "Ring" Audi-type of lights could be tidily fitted. Your thread has been a great help. The compact rectangular block of LED's as DRL's cant't be found a simple home on the front of my Mk 6.5 Fiesta, but they looked great on a new big Skoda I saw today, in full daylight. Just what is needed here in the top-end of Scotland. I have fitted pricy PIAA led sidelights (H520's), to get seen easily without dragging down the battery power, which has been happening with the heavy use of the heated front screen demist element, so I don't want to run the headlights thro' the day. ( also top-price PIAA H303's )
Next move is 35 watt Bi-Xenon H4 HID conversion ;-- that will save power.
P.S., DRL's have to switch off automatically by relay, when the sidelights or main lights are switched on ;-- glare to oncoming drivers is the excuse, but some DRL units don't shine forwards, but are concealed, and shine upwards off reflectors to get beamed forwards. I have seen these advertised as metal bodied, with mineral glass lenses.

#25 Nico.

Nico.

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • Name: Ryan
  • Ford Model: Ford fiesta MK7
  • Year: 2009

Posted 07 February 2010 - 11:12 PM

Posted Image

as promised^^^^!!!! my sidelight has gone rather annoyingly, before i fitted these it only worked when it wanted too though... but i think it looks the sheeet!!!!!

and with this guide saying you bought the cable lock connectors things from halfords, did you not notice that bang next too them was electrical tape?! haha

#26 benholden2008

benholden2008

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts
Posted 08 February 2010 - 06:51 AM

Posted Image

as promised^^^^!!!! my sidelight has gone rather annoyingly, before i fitted these it only worked when it wanted too though... but i think it looks the sheeet!!!!!

and with this guide saying you bought the cable lock connectors things from halfords, did you not notice that bang next too them was electrical tape?! haha

looking good, i'd deffernatly recommend led sidelights and either philips diamond vision or halfords ultra blue(the ones i have) for the dipped beam to get rid of the yellow.

#27 Nico.

Nico.

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • Name: Ryan
  • Ford Model: Ford fiesta MK7
  • Year: 2009

Posted 14 February 2010 - 12:41 AM

looking good, i'd deffernatly recommend led sidelights and either philips diamond vision or halfords ultra blue(the ones i have) for the dipped beam to get rid of the yellow.

Posted Image

i just fitted the bright white bulbs i was using in the boot so i could actually see in there when its dark lol and the healights are new xenon ones

#28 benholden2008

benholden2008

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts
Posted 14 February 2010 - 09:06 AM

much better than the horrible yellow ones :D

#29 titanium_s_spec

titanium_s_spec

Local Rep: Hertfordshire (Spelling Bee Champ)

• FOC Supporters
  • 726 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta mk7 mountune

Posted 14 February 2010 - 09:43 AM

ok so took the plunge Friday and fitted halfrauds ultra bright white light and not blue.but now considering fitting led side lights to match but because the voltage is so low will it not come up with a bulb problem on dashboard.due to the canbus wiring system so has any 1 fitted them o mk7 and did it come up with a fault..

#30 benholden2008

benholden2008

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts
Posted 14 February 2010 - 05:13 PM

never had a fault light come up on mine, i drove around for a week without any sidelights and never had a fault light, does it even have one?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users