• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sammyt002

sammyt002

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta
Posted 07 July 2008 - 06:29 PM

ok hey guys im a newbie here, i dont actually own a ka yet, but i do have my eye out for one, basically being a bit of a petrol head im in search for something a little bit different, i know conversions have been done to extremes on the little hatch but im lookig for information on engines, suspension setups and anything else i should know about doing a conversion on a ka,

which engines will go in with a slight bit of shoehorning, nothing stupid, i dont mind changing a mount or 2, but i dont want to have to spend 100's of pounds on fabricating new chasis legs ect,

i know that its never going to be easy putting something big in, and i did consider using my current engine from my fiesta but i dont feel it will give ,me that WOW factor im looking for, just by reshelling it.

any help appreciated. :P

sammyt002

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 delboy

delboy

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts
  • Name: martin
  • Ford Model: c-max ghia 1.8 petrol
  • Year: 2004

Posted 07 July 2008 - 08:10 PM

ok hey guys im a newbie here, i dont actually own a ka yet, but i do have my eye out for one, basically being a bit of a petrol head im in search for something a little bit different, i know conversions have been done to extremes on the little hatch but im lookig for information on engines, suspension setups and anything else i should know about doing a conversion on a ka,

which engines will go in with a slight bit of shoehorning, nothing stupid, i dont mind changing a mount or 2, but i dont want to have to spend 100's of pounds on fabricating new chasis legs ect,

i know that its never going to be easy putting something big in, and i did consider using my current engine from my fiesta but i dont feel it will give ,me that WOW factor im looking for, just by reshelling it.

any help appreciated. :P

sammyt002

the ka is based on the ford fiesta & use the fiesta engines so you should be ok with
a fiesta engine as it's the same &s the running gear is the same & the same for the puma.
ask about for the puma engine but that may well be the same engine the ka uses

#3 sammyt002

sammyt002

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta
Posted 07 July 2008 - 10:35 PM

ok cheers but what i was really hoping to use was a 2litre 16v fomr a mondeo or such like, as these are cheaper lumps and im always on a budget, plus even the frp puma engines take a fair bit work to get anywhere near the power im looking at, where as i allready have a few bits for a zetec 2litre engine, such as a bike carb conversion manifold, a 4 branch echaust ect, what sort of similarities do these engines have to the puma blocks?

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users