Show

Guide info

• Added on: Dec 03 2013 04:04 PM
  • Views: 395

0 Ratings

What Wheels Fit My Car?

Posted by jeebowhite on Dec 03 2013 04:04 PM

OK, so you have decided you fancy a change of shoes! the car needs something a bit different to the old things that came out of the factory, you have spotted some wheels on another Ford or another motor that you think are a bit of "alright!" and you want to know - will they fit?

Start off with this:

Go to http://www.wheelfitment.net/

choose your car model (Ford in this case :)) and look for your model.

I can see my car is a Ford Focus CMAX, and it has a PCD Value of "5×108" and an offset of 35-45 and a bore of 63.4. If you do a "find" on the ford page for all cars with the same PCD, you can compare the offset and bore and ensure they are the same. So I can see I use the same wheels on my CMAX as the Focus (2004 on), Galaxy (2006 on), Kuga, Mondeo (2000 on) and the SMAX.

If you want to look at other wheels outside of this then visit http://www.potn.co.u...tuds-et-offset/

Now, search for your PCD (5x108) and you will see other cars with the same PCD. You can then look further to see if they are the same offset region and bore as provided on wheelfitment.net, and hopefully you can find a perfect match on another car!

Here's a list of other cars with the same PCD as mine! I would need to research them to see if they have the same offset and bore!

Alfa:166
Ford: C-max / Focus / Mondeo / Transit Connect
Jaguar: S type / X type
Peugeot: 407/ 605 / 607
Renault: Espace / Laguna / Scenic RX4
Volvo: C70 / S40 / S50 / S60 / S70 / V70 / S80 / S90 / V90 / XC9

NOTE: I am not responsible for the content of other websites, this is only a guide to help you find other wheels. I cannot be held responsible if you go out and buy a set of shiny wheels and tyres because they look the same, and in fact the values are different :)

A note courtesy of Georgen:

Add wobble nuts into the equation and the list gets bigger, but would be my last option on a wheel I really really had to have.

A more popular choice is wheel adaptors, have you not wondered how a wide selection of cars run Porsche wheels even when the car originally has 4 studs not 5 this is how.   

also if centre bore larger you can buy spigot rings to bring it down to the correct size and always check you are using the right nuts for the wheel.

Et is a funny one, imagine the wheel looking through the tyre tread, then imagine a line going through wheel at the centre line, if that line matches up with the mating surface of the wheel, ie the bit that touches your hub, that would be Zero ET, now as ET rises the wheel would move in-towards the centre of the axle by the amount of the ET which in turn is a measurement in millimetres, 

so if you current wheels had an offset of ET 35 and your new wheels have an ET of 25 if your rims are the same width ie 7" then the rim would move out towards yourself 10mm. when playing with different ET if you get it wrong you can either have the wheel sitting that far in the arch it fouls on the inside or that far out that the wheel sticks out from the bodywork.

When putting different width wheels on you have to account for the width difference with the ET as it will
affect clearance internally and how far the wheel sits outwards.

you can add spacers to correct ET, so a 10mm spacer on a ET35 wheel would make the finished  wheel/spacer combo an ET of 25, but if you start with an Et too low it would stick out the side of the car and theres nothing you can do.

so the lower the ET the further out of the body they sit and the higher the further in to the body they sit other known as poke and tuck.

If you have lowered your car all the above is a lot harder as your margins are a lot smaller and your current wheels will have the ET stamped on the inside so you know where your starting.

Sorry for the long crack on on ET but its the one people mess up on and either make your car look rubbish or turns out costly as they wont fit. Ill end it there before I bore the other half that is still reading this.

A note courtesy of Stevegtuk

With this site

http://www.wheel-fitment.com/

You select your make and model and it tells you what other makes and models fit without having to do any searching yourself.