Show

Guide info

• Added on: Dec 04 2013 10:40 PM
  • Views: 419

0 Ratings

Guide To Converting Stock Climate Controls To Custom Set

Posted by Lenny on Dec 04 2013 10:40 PM

Thanks for viewing my Guide and I hope it has helped to achieve satisfactory results.
I have created many Guides all available here on fordownersclub.com all created in my spare time, in recent times my image host for the guides has began to charge for hosting the images that display within my guides.
So im now paying a monthly subscription in order for these guides to function, If you would like to help keep the guides full of images, Donations under £1.00 welcome via PayPal
Address: leonard.woods@live.ie
Thank you.

Received these set of custom Aluminium heater controls this morning, Their high quality for the low cost you can purchase them for, I found them a great solution to the stock (Ford) set as the rubber finish on the stock ones catch dust very easily and feel sticky after being polished,

I've used a dash board wipe and a set of wide pliers to remove the existing controls, I recommend using the wide pliers rather than the normal as this set will have a flush grip on the knob your removing compared to the normal pliers which will grip the knob at an angle increasing the chances of damaging the part.

Take a dash board wipe and fold it over until you have a pad around an inch square, Place it over the control knob,

Grip the pliers over it then squeeze and pull gently. Ensuring not to pull left or right, just straight as this could crack the surround, or worse you could end up having half the control stuck in the casing.

As you can see in the fifth and sixth picture below I thought I had gotten some of the control knob stuck in the casing, but thankfully I didn't the clear plastic saw in the pictures is the distributer lens for the bulbs inside the control unit.

I highly recommend this item to any focus owner, The build quality is really worth £30 their proper aluminium the only plastic part is the black disc on the front and the clear ABS plastic lens inside to distribute the light.

They are available in a range of grip colours, I personally went for the black grips, Although I think they just spray the aluminium a different colour,
let me know your thoughts on these please.

Link To e-bay Listing: Click Here
(Top Seller 100% smile.gif )
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg