AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

! Guide ! Wiring The Foot-Well Lights

I may have mentioned this before, but the Zetec S interior lights are pants!

To add insult to injury, I also have no wiring for the foot-well lights.
So as part of an on-going interior light upgrade, I decided to wire my own.
This guide is primarily for the Mk7 Fiesta but could be adapted for any car.

I got the bulb holders from a certain auction website which fit neatly into the holes provided by Ford.
I took the power feed from the roof courtesy light centre bulb so that the foot-well lights come on with the courtesy light but can also operate on demand by switching on the roof light. This suites my requirements as I have no intention of having them on whilst driving, but can manually switch all interior lights on with just one switch.

To connect my new power feed I soldered the wires directly to the light cluster. I also used a small plug and socket (usually found inside a television) so that my circuit can be disconnected if I need to remove the light unit in the future. I could have used some crimp on male/female terminals or a choc block type connector, or even attached the wires directly to the bulb holder.

Anyway, here is the guide:

I have purposely made this project expandable and the next project is going to be to improve the lighting for the rear seat passengers.
Watch this space!

There are no comments to display.