O.K, so the Aluminium part of your foot pedal just fell off? Mine did a month and a half ago. I temporarily glued it back in place whilst ordering a genuine new one.
Thinking this would be an easy swap I set about it. A few hours (and a lot of frustration later I managed the task). I couldn't find anything helpful online so I thought I'd write a quick guide of how I managed this. The pedal in question was the Clutch pedal, but I presume it'll be the same fro the Brake pedal too.
- Insure you have a lamp, a small mirror and a flat stubby screwdriver to assist you doing this correctly.
- Place the new pedal cover into a bowl of boiling water for around 10 minutes.
- Dry off the pedal cover and head to the car to begin fitting.
- (#1) Install the bottom of the pedal cover first (as it's the smaller area).
- (#2) Insert the upper left corner next (this is the awkward corner as you are inhibited by the pedal support arm)
- (#3) Then run your screwdriver up the side to ensure the rubber between #1 & #2 is correctly fitted.
- (#4) Fit the top right corner next.
- (#5) Run your screwdriver across the top to ensure the rubber between #2 & #4 is correctly fitted.
- (#6) Finally pull down on the right side tab to assist you using your screwdriver to ensure this rubber is correctly in place.
This sounds fairly simple to do, but in practice it can be a bit of a dog to successfully get all of the rubbers on in place. You will need to apply pressure to the pedal cover against the pedal itself to get parts to stay on whilst moving on to the next step. Obviously if the pedal cover slips off then you should start again and drop it back into boiling water.
I've attached a few images for assistance. I hope this guide helps at least one person out, please leave a comment below if so. Thanks in advance.