Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Guide To Removing/installing Sony Stereo - Mk3 Focus 2011>

After this (successful!) upgrade yesterday I thought I'd share some helpful photos if anyone wanted to attempted the same :)

Here's what you'll need:

dscf2558e.jpg

Step 1: underneath the stereo in the center is a small plastic piece of trim, you need to remove this to expose the screws underneath:

dscf2567jw.jpg

dscf2569l.jpg

Step 2: remove the 2 screws:

dscf25662.jpg

Step 3: Pull the whole unit towards you taking care then all clips are released. Try to pull out vertically as not to bend or snap anything. You'll need to unplug a cable that goes in the back of the controls so don't pull it out too far.

Step 4: The screen is held in by the 4 screws highlighted in green, the stereo by the 2 in yellow. Remove these and pull outwards:

dscf25722.jpg

Step 5: Remove the plugs from the screen and CD player, then refit in reverse!:

dscf2573t.jpg

Here's the screen in:

dscf2581c.jpg

And the finished article, before and after:

dscf2562o.jpgdscf2585d.jpg

dscf2586j.jpgdscf2587o.jpg

Also here's a comparison of the old (blue) and new (colour) screen side-by-side:

dscf2575x.jpg

dscf2578n.jpg

I notice the colour screen has an extra input (top middle) - not certain but assuming this might be for reversing camera?

huey45 likes this

0 Comments

There are no comments to display.