you can only claim from the PLI if the damaged is caused by equipment of the club, or you get injured by a flag pole or gazeebo.
PLI does not cover you for
- Someone scratching your car unless it was scratched by club equipment. Basically if someone walked past your car and scratched it then you need to take it out with the person who scratched the car.
- Theft from the vehicle (though your own negligence)
- Acts of god (hurricane, massive hail storms etc.)
- Someone dents your car with their car (your motor insurance covers this)
- Driving to the pitch
What it will cover is
- Club equipment damaging your vehicle
- Any injuries caused by the club directly.
- Death caused by the club directly
- Theft of vehicle (only if we ask you to show your car officially on a show stand)
Policies are usually tailored to the individual business however as a guide, the insurance covers a business’s legal liability to pay damages to members of the public for death and injury or damage to property or possessions, which has resulted from the business’s activities.