Good news...I'm glad my notes & experiances are being of use to someone.
The bad news is..
1. In the short term the only way i could reactivate the front wippers was to un plug the alarm sounder module located in the wheel arch. Bit tricky as I found the only way was to unbolt the whole thing as to be able to see how the wiring cable was snap fitted in to the sounder unit itself.
2. Once water ingress has taken place its unlikley that drying out will recover the problem as the damage has been done to the PCB and its mounted electronic components, you could see the surface mount resistors on my unit had virtually been burnt off the board.
3. It cost me £250 at a Ford dealer to replace a new unit and reset the alarm fault display on the dashboard etc.
4. Im awaiting a reply from Ford, Im not holding my breath, howver I've had some serious advice that Im not likley to get any thing. I'll keep this forum posted with any update. You never know perhaps thos really helpfull Ford people might read our remarks..
StumaxMember Since 14 Jan 2011
Offline Last Active Jan 29 2011 09:21 PM
- Group New Member
- Active Posts 2
- Profile Views 734
- Submitted Links 0
- Member Title Newbie
- Age Age Unknown
- Birthday Birthday Unknown
Stumax hasn't added any friends yet.