It certainly looks a lot tidier at the front and back, it's grown on me quite a bit over the course of today! I also like the look of the upgraded interior, plus the availability of a big touch screen now. Can't wait to see if they unveil a Zetec S version, I think that front end would look pretty mean with some well placed skirts. That Deep Impact Blue is a brilliant colour as well.
I work in the automotive press & PR business, and have read an official industry release this morning. Summarised as follows:
- Design: Sleek, emotional new design with bold new face of Ford and a beautifully crafted cockpit-like interior. Slimmer, more chiselled front headlamps and more rectangular fog lamps add to the bolder front end. subtle chrome details add to the feeling of elegance while the rrear of the car also is sleeker with a new fascia and tailgate arrangment, as well as thinner tail lamps. The interior will feature a more intuitive layout, complemented by a steering wheel and centre stack with fewer buttons. The new centre console offers more space as well as a new, sliding intergrated armrest. The new adjustable console accomodates a variety of bottles and cups. New Focus also enjoys a quieter ride, achieved by thicker carpets, thicker window glass and improved engine bay insulation.
- Touch screen control with SYNC 2: The new Focus will be the first vehicle in Europe to offer SYNC 2. This features a high-resolution, 8-inch colour touch screen and advanced voice control for easier access to audio, navigation, climate control and compatible mobile phones. It will offer a split screen display with 3D highway juntion and landmark views and a Michelin guide. Simply pushing the voice control button and saying "I'm hungry" will bring up a list of local restaurants, which you can then get directions to.
- Advanced driving technology: Engineers have developed a more solid, responsive and connected to the road feel by increasing structural stiffness at the front, retuning shock-absorbers and incorporating a new ESP system. The Electronic Power Assisted Steering has also been retuned to make the driver feel even more connected. The new Focus is the first Ford to offer Perpendicular Parking, a new hands-free parking technology that helps drivers reverse into spaces alongside other cars. Cross Traffic Alert warns drivers reversing out of a parking space of approaching vehicles, while Park-Out Assist helps drivers by operating the steering wheel when pulling out of a parallel parking space. Active City Stop has also been enhanced to operate at speeds up to 50 km/h. A Pre-Collision Assist and Adaptive Cruise Control system also help drivers to remain safe at motorway speeds, while Ford's MyKey Technology will feature on the Focus for the first time.
- Lighting the way: Improved Adaptive Front Lighting now adjusts the beams of the new Bi-Xenon HID headlamps to best suit the road layout. The system assesses the ambient light surrounding the vehicle, as well as objects in the road ahead anf adjusts the beam angle and intensity depending on speed, steering angle and distance to objects. Door edge protectors will also remain.
- Fuel efficient engines: The new Focus offers significantly improved fuel efficiency thanks to new powertrain options. The Focus debut the new fuel efficient 1.5 litre Ecoboost (150PS and 180PS) petrol engine and also the new 1.5 TDCi (95PS and 120PS). The Focus will continue to be offered with the current 1.0 Ecoboost in both 100PS and 125PS variants. There will also be a new 99g/km CO2 1.0 litre Ecoboost, the first non-hybrid petrol car in Europe to offer sub-100g/km CO2 emissions.
** New Ford Focus provisional powertrain line-up in the UK:
1.0L EcoBoost petrol 100 PS five-speed manual
1.0L EcoBoost petrol 125 PS six-speed manual
1.0L EcoBoost petrol 125 PS six-speed automatic (2015)
1.5L EcoBoost petrol 150 PS six-speed manual
1.5L EcoBoost petrol 150 PS six-speed automatic (2015)
1.5L EcoBoost petrol 180 PS six-speed manual
1.5L EcoBoost petrol 180 PS six-speed automatic (2015)
1.6L TI-VCT petrol 85 PS five-speed manual
1.6L TI-VCT petrol 105 PS five-speed manual
1.6L TI-VCT petrol 125 PS six-speed PowerShift automatic
1.5L ECOnetic diesel 105 PS six-speed manual
1.5L TDCi diesel 120 PS six-speed PowerShift automatic (2015)
1.6L TDCi diesel 95 PS six-speed manual
1.6L TDCi diesel 115 PS six-speed manual
2.0L TDCi diesel 150 PS six-speed manual
2.0L TDCi diesel 150 PS six-speed PowerShift automatic
Electric 145 PS single-speed automatic
While specs haven't been released, I have seen speculation that Edge, Zetec and Titanium will remain.
Hope that provides a bit of useful info, was certainly interesting reading this morning