sorry for the late respond. I think my key fob is faulty. I found it on ebay, but anybody know how to program new key to my fiesta ?
how can I do it thanks again.
Part 1 - Ford keyless remote programming
1. Get key, get in car and shut doors.
2. Place key in ignition, turn to II (not Start) and back 4 times in a row in under 6 seconds, stopping at "Off"
3. Car will make audible tone, press Unlock on your remote(s). Wait 1 second between each one. You have 10 seconds to add all remotes, maximum of 4 remotes at once.
Part 2 - Ford transponder chip programming
Needed: 2 pre-programmed OEM chip keys. 1 new transponder key.
1. Insert one of the pre-programmed transponder keys and turn ignition to II until red light on instrument cluster lights up, remove key from ignition.
2. Within 5 seconds of removing, insert the second pre-programmed key and turn ignition to II until red light on instrument cluster lights up, remove key from ignition.
3. Within 10 seconds insert the new key into the ignition and turn to II. If you are successful the red light on the instrument cluster will light up then go off after a second. ***If you are unsuccessful the red light will blink repeatedly to indicate the key is invalid. Wait a minute and try again***
If you don't have 2 pre-programmed keys already, you will need to get key programmed by a locksmith.
I need your help or steveblower's
I have mk6 already with heated electric mirrors & purchased facelift wider & colourcoded mirrors. Now as its a mk6 it has different loom to facelift mk6.5 .the wire colours on the pre & facelift nearly match colours on drivers mirror but not on passenger side. I was planning on hack off the facelift mirror conecter & join up to pre facelift one . All the colours on passenger side are more or less black so cant match up.
The other question is when Steveblower fitted loom is this a complete loom with leccy window /door mirror conecters on it?
Also was it pre or facelift loom?
Any help appreciated.
I'm afraid I can't help with how to splice the connectors for the wing mirrors. You see I got ahold of some pre-facelift ST150 wing mirrors because they are the facelift design but have prefacelift connectors. (Not heated though I don't think..)
There are 3 different types of door loom:-
The most basic loom only connects the central locking and speaker.
The second type of loom connects locking, speaker and window motor.
Then the third type connects locking, speaker, window motor and electric mirrors.
You have to make sure it is a prefacelift loom to connect to the door socket.
I followed this guide, upgrading from the most basic loom to the third type, plugging in the motor, electric mirrors etc and after plugging the switch and door socket in everything worked. Didn't even need to put fuses in the box although that is something I've been meaning to check.
Any other questions just ask and I'll do my best to answer!