Jump to content



Member Since 03 Apr 2012
Offline Last Active Apr 12 2012 01:30 PM

Topics I've Started

Urgent Advice - Debris On Road - Under Damage

03 April 2012 - 09:24 PM


Completely new to this forum.

Today i ran over some debris in the road, by debirs i mean a spare wheel which was completely unavoidable and I went over it.

The plastic undertray has been damaged, but when looking close, it looks like something on the bottom of the engine has been dented inwards.

Posted Image

It is the black box, on the very bottom of the engine? What is this? Does anyone know? Looks like a rocker cover, but at the bottom of the engine. What does this cover?

I own a 2008 58 ford focus 1.6 tdci 109ps.

Any advice on what to do would be appreciated. In a bit of a panic. The car drove home fine. No different in engine noise, performance or steering problems.