Jump to content


Member Since 20 Oct 2012
Offline Last Active May 05 2014 10:20 PM

#358860 Where To Go To Get A Leak Repaired?

Posted by GoldenLeaf on 01 May 2014 - 10:39 AM

Pollen filter housing situated at the rear of the glovebox is known to leak,
So much that my local ford dealership changed both the filter and the complete housing the LAST time i went to them.
All good they changed the housing to cover there own backs,
But they then charged be 58 pounds for the housing which they chose to fit and not actually required if the filter is changed correctly,
And one would think: "surly ford dealership would be the best place to change my pollen filter correctly"
Eh seems not no,


Yo Lenny, it's only on the driver's side so I doubt it is that.

#356682 Leak :(

Posted by GoldenLeaf on 24 April 2014 - 09:08 PM

Hey guys,


So I noticed a couple of weeks back that the driver's foot-well carpet was wet. I pulled back the carpet to find a pool of water. The insulation stuck to the carpet was soaked and the white insulation under the pedals was also soaked. It took me a week to dry with leaving the doors open and using a hair dryer. I disinfected all the insulation to prevent further mould.


However I now have more water and am not totally sure where it's coming from. I am quite sure it is coming from the outside of the car, as it seems to be wetter after it has rained, but can't be 100%.


The water seems to be coming from under the white insulation that lies under the pedals, but I obviously can't see right under it as the insulation only pulls up so far.


Any ideas?


I am looking to take it for the windscreen to be looked at. I was told to take it to a windscreen and sunroof specialist as they will have more specific knowledge of where to look to find the leak. I don't want to take it to a garage and it be there for days costing me loads of money. I can't seem to find any windscreen or sunroof specialists around Leicester though.


Any help would be most appreciated. The car is a 2006 Focus 1.8 TDCI MK2.