Yes. There are few basics for any diesel engine that would help protecting/prolonging the life of the turbo.
1. Using quaility oil and fuel filter is crucial. So, forget Halfords oil and any unbranded fuel filters. Stick to q quality oil brand ( Castrol, Motul, Mobil, Millers, Fuchs and etc.) and filter ( Motorcraft, UFI, Mann, Hengst, Bosch)
2. Using quality diesel is also crucial.
3. When you start the engine, don't run the car immediately! Instead of this, after starting the engine wait 30-40 seconds. This time is needed for oil to reach and the turbine and raise pressure.
4. Avoid driving above 2000 rpm while the car is still cold.
5. Don't stop the engine immediately after intensive driving. Instead of this when you stop the car allow it to run on idle for few minutes. This is cruical for turbine's life.