My 2008 Ford Focus 1.6 SI has this electrical fault that electricians cannot help me with. The problem is resolved when they reset error codes etc, but returns randomly. Currently my car has been sitting at my finacee's work with this problem. Please view the info below and advise if any of you know the possible cause or have had a simular problem.
The car runs fine, but the central locking will suddenly not work when leaving the car. I put the key back into the ignition and the following faults appear;
- Speedo guage shoots up to max speed and stays there.
- Rev counter needle moves up and down.
- Engine temp is at max.
- Doors will lock and unlock repeatedly.
- Roof light comes on and off.
- Strange buzzing noise is heard from the passenger side consol.
- Car does not turn over / start.
I would appreciate your assistance in solving this mystery.