Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta MK7 Secret Diagnostics Menu

Nikstryker

01. Put your car key. (do not turn the ignition)

02. Hold the trip meter reset button.

03. Turn the key to the "On" position.

04. After 10-15 seconds the display will show TEST mode then the gauges will do a full sweep.

05. Start the engine after you release the trip meter button.

06. Then you can check one by one the status by pressing the button.

Code Meanings:-

gAgE – gauge test (needle sweep)
LCD segments test
LEd – indicator tests (all on, individual on)
r – instrument cluster firmware version details
Er – instrument cluster firmware version details
E – instrument cluster firmware version details
r – instrument cluster firmware version details
dt, none – DTC codes
SP MPH – vehicle speed in MPH
SP MPH – vehicle speed in km/h
tA – engine speed
t90020
od – odometer roll count
F – fuel level sensor signal
F9
FL – fuel level sensor signal in HEX
FP
15 C – probably ambient temperature
bt – battery voltage
dtE – distance to empty fuel tank
rAF – probably average fuel consumption
A0, A1, A2, A3, A4, A5 – readouts from analog sensors
P01, P02, P03, P04, P05, P10, P11, P13, P19, P20

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nikstryker said:

dt, none – DTC codes

It is a useful test, present on quite a lot of Fords.

But the DTC codes look very strange when read. If any are there, they can be turned into normal DTCs as follows:

The first digit/letter gives both the 1st letter and the 1st digit of the DTC:

0 = P0,   1=P1,   2=P2,  3=P3

4 = C0,   5=C1,   6=C2,  7=C3

8 = B0,   9=B1,   A=B2,  B=B3

C = U0,   D=U1,   E=U2,  F=U3

The next 3 digits / letters from the cluster are the next 3 characters of the DTC.

The final 2 characters from the cluster are an extension to the DTC, but can usually be ignored.

So 029961 from the cluster would be DTC P0299-61

and D90045 from the cluster would be DTC U1900-45

as two random examples.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Thanks for this info. I found that the order of this info was accurate to my 2015 Fiesta ST. The other posts ive read on other forums were a bit off. I am interested to know more about the analog sensor readings and the P** readings as well. I.E (A0, A1, A2, A3, A4, A5) and (P01, P02, P03, P04, P05, P10, P11, P13, P19, P20).

More specifically, the A2 reading I get is "A2- 1FF". It seems to flicker between this value and "A2- 200". Just curious as to what this is. Could it be a faulty sensor?

3 hours ago, Kbam7 said:

the A2 reading I get is "A2- 1FF". It seems to flicker between this value and "A2- 200". Just curious as to what this is. Could it be a faulty sensor?

I have absolutely no idea what sensor A2 is. But I can say for sure that 1FFh and 200h are 1 count apart, so it would be 100% normal for a sensor to vary between these two readings.

I suspect this menu is a debug & development tool built in during the design of the IC (instrument cluster) software & hardware, that never got removed for production, There is no documentation for it. A full circuit diagram of the IC might give some clues, A0 to A5 are probably analogue inputs into the processor on the pcb. It would take a huge effort in trial and elimination to determine what input was what without the circuit diagram, or similar hardware information.

The DTC decoding is from the binary values of DTCs as given in the OBD international standards.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all same issue and I'm useless on cars, 

Er0142
E 01
Sp 0
Ta 778
901a1
F0837
F90127
Fl 65
Fp 11
81c
Bt 133
Dte 168km
Raf05.7
A0 - 283
A1 - 3f9
A2 - 201
A3 - 234
A4 - 053
A5 - 266
A6 - 2a0
A7 - 3ff
A8 - 3ff
A9 - 112
Aa - 3fa
P01 - 52
P02 - 00
Po5 - 07
P11 - 01
P13 - 3c
P 16-30
P 19-41
P20 - 1a
Gage 

Thanks in advance

• 10 months later...

Hi! I realise this is a fairly old thread. Can anybody tell me what dt 5t6f and dt 155C mean in my 2011 Econetic Fiesta? These pop up when checking the diagnostics menu, instead of where it says "dtc, none". It then throws up some codes, PO100-00, PO201-68, PO357-00, PO405-94. 

I'm not too worried about the PO codes, have looked up what they mean, and will get into it, but interested in the 5t6f and 155C ones. The engine occasionally overheats and I lose power, and I'm trying to find out why... have replaced overflow bottle cap, thermostat and housing, flushed and back-flushed cooling system, run cooling system cleaner, replaced inop thermo fan. 

Thinking the 155C might mean it recorded a very high temp of 155°C? Can anyone shine some light on this? Was told today that it might be a fault with the turbo, but codes not saying this... only injector and MAF sensor...

How does one see the codes on a keyless car?

46 minutes ago, Bobr said:

How does one see the codes on a keyless car?

Same procedure but briefly press the start button without pressing the brake (or clutch in manual).  That will switch the ignition on without starting the engine.

These codes really aren't worth checking though, they're just cluster codes.  Forscan is much better.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Trying out this hiden menu to see if it helps fix other problems I have with the car (Mk7 1.6tdci)but found something odd my speed read out was higher than my speed doing 40mph and it's says I'm at 160mph can this coz issues with other things e.g fuel maps?