Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone else had this problem

Bobr

My car is due for service this week so I rang Sandicliffe to book it in.   As I live some distance from the service centre I either need someone to come and get the car or a courtesy car.   I was told, quite seriously, that the next available date is the 7th May. 

Nope sounds like you need to try another garage who know what customer service is thats shocking!

I dont take prisosoners when it comes to customer service - Brits are so polite.

Why didnt you say "well in that case as a customer of yours for the last 10 years you will receive no more of my business and i will tell all of my friends , family and customers never to use your services again and i am going to post this disgraceful level of service on twiter, facebook and youtube and with over 5000 followers your garage is going to get some seriously bad customer feedback" then say what they say.

Manipulation dude its what you need to get good customer service these days!

If they tell you to bog off then you know never to use em again!

I believe in England they call it nouse or being crafty - in Scotland we call it being canny!
lol

:ph34r:

It sounds like a bit of poor customer service, but maybe they don't have a courtesy car available until then?

Why can you not take it in, are you at work?

Did they say they can't collect it and return it? Why can you not take it in, are you at work?

Anything regarding contact with the dealership we have used has been plain sailing, even down to them needing a signature for the loan car paperwork, the salesman went to the wife's work as she works 8 till 5.

I have been told for my new Fiesta that I need to book 6 weeks in advance for a service if I want a courtesy car and/or collection and delivery.

Apparently this is because all of the courtesy cars are booked pretty much all the time so its not possible just to ring up and do it.

• Like 1

Being busy and booked up well in advance doesn't equate to poor customer service - its being busy and well booked up in advance, is all.

Its a ballache though.  Try ringing some other dealers, or get an 8am appointment so they can do it while you wait.  You'll be back on the road by 0930hrs.

depends on time of year, this is busy time for new cars being prepped, and returning customers from previous march purchases of 2014,15,16,17 etc wanting there car serviced. causes a headache for dealers with limited courtesy cars and a shortage of staff( national shortage of skilled techs out there) most garages have adverts nearly all year round now. 

• Like 1

You need to get out of phase with the new registrations

• Like 2

Yeah, there's a huge dealer here but they rarely have courtesy cars...you also have to pay for them so it's not really a courtesy lol.

I was going to ask to take a Mustang for an hours test drive if mine ever goes to the MD... :wink: 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club