Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Mondeo MK4 Towbar fitting

Rich Evans

Hello!

I'm currently in the process of fitting a towsure towbar to my vehicle. I have purchased the universal electronics opposed to the dedicated wiring. There are what would appear on my tow bar (purchased second hand 3 big bolts on either side and there are 2 arms coming away, they are fin metal? maybe guide beams? does anyone know what these are for?

Also if someone could give me any pointers for the wiring up, would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Richard

Just checked on towsure website and downloaded instructions
197e.pdf
Thanks for that can't work out what these thin brackets are for does not look like there needed thanks again

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thanks for that can't work out what these thin brackets are for does not look like there needed thanks again

Hi all so I have fitted my towbar however having trouble with electrics I have the 7 way bypass relay any chance someone could point me in the direction of the wires for this please thanks

Input from Car

Side

Function

Green/Brown

Pass

a - Reverse

Brown/Green

Pass

b - Fog

Violet/Brown

Pass

c - Brake

White/Orange

Drvr

d - RH Tail Light

Violet/Green

Pass

e - LH Tail Light

Green/Orange

Drvr

f - RH Indicator

Grey/Orange

Pass

g - LH Indicator

Above is feeds connections for relay inputs, showing which side of vehicle located, suggest you get a 7 core tow socket cable (the one with 2.5mm single cable) and run along inside the rear trim, this fits fine on the estate and leaves a spare core fior future save having to strip later if needed, the 2.5mm core is for the main feed fed from I think FA11 in rear fuse box giving permanent feed,  if like mine you will probably find only one blade, so need a push on connector and feed thru a inline fuse to relay.

hope this helps

Just checked and confirm FA11 is correct and should be fused at 20A, the characters on rh side may or may not refer to your relay inputs depending on which relay used.

Rear Fusebox (Estate)

5abc29df24cc9_RearFusebox(5).thumb.JPG.c180fe55cce6020c250f42f268a9631b.JPG

Rear Fusebox (Estate)
5abc29df24cc9_RearFusebox(5).thumb.JPG.c180fe55cce6020c250f42f268a9631b.JPG
Hi thank you for the reply so just checking did you use a spade connect and push in to fuse box? I will have a look at doing this wiring after work tommorow thanks for your help

Yes, cant remember size or whether male or female, presume female but should be same as fuse pins, mine only had one connection in this position (Ford cost saving) and is fed from front fusebox via 60a fuse hence need for local 20a fuse.

Picture shown without cover so You need to file a small slot in the cover to allow cable exit and refit cover.

Yes, cant remember size or whether male or female, presume female but should be same as fuse pins, mine only had one connection in this position (Ford cost saving) and is fed from front fusebox via 60a fuse hence need for local 20a fuse.
Picture shown without cover so You need to file a small slot in the cover to allow cable exit and refit cover.
Thanks for your help will be hopefully sorting this after work today :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club