Do Not Sell My Personal Information

adding an AUX to my 2001 ford

matthew_ford

hello, I have recently got a 2001 ford fiesta freestyle and I'm trying to add an aux cable without having to change the stereo system altogether and I am wondering if this is possible. I have had my stereo out and the only free space in the back that i can see is for the CD changer so no luck there. Any help with this will be great thanks.  

Unless you get an FM transmitter you will have to buy an aftermarket stereo with a 3.5mm jack.

There is a way.

If you have a radio unit that says 6000CD on the front of it, that means you have a plug socket in the back which is meant for the CD changer. In my old Focus I had this socket and was able to buy (for £25 online) a device that "tricks" the radio into thinking it is connected to the CD changer when it is really connected to your phone via AUX.

The box I bought was this one:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005FMYCN4

If you don't have this radio, you could always buy a second hand one off eBay (I believe the Fiesta and Focus have the same size radio slot).

Apparently it is also compatible with the following: 4050, 5000 RDS, 4600 CDR, 5000 RDS EON, 6000 CD RDS, 6000 MP3, 7000 RDS. However I have not tested these.

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club