Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Quick Query - Mk 7 Fez

Chris Ecc

37 members have voted

1. 1. Can You Open The Petrol/Diesel Cap When The Car Is Locked?

• Yes
    • No

lol theres 8 votes for no now. Though saying that, it's probably not possible for you to open the filler cap if you're double locked inside the car (depending on arm length and ability to open a window).

Iv'e just wobbled my way to the car having a few glasses of wine :unsure:, however my fuel cap does open but I cannot open the flap with my finger so unless you have the plastic nozzle i'm guessing you cant get in.

I am in agreement with the some what bitchiness, I do find this out of order, i can appreciate there is a 'search' function but at the end of the day we are here to help each other and i thought this was supposed to be a friendly forum?

I apologise if I have upset anyone but I am only giving my opinion but I do find it rather intimidating and almost does not want to make you post for fear of back lash.... anyone else in agreement?

^ To be fair, people intentionally posting votes for something which they know to be incorrect does not help anyone.

Hi

With reference to the topic, I to have wondered about the security of the fuel flap and, in my case, I cannot open it when the car is locked.

Having followed thread since it started, and read all of the responses, I fully agree with DanGull when he said, if you cannot contribute anything helpful towards the topic or, whatever input you do make, always ensure that it is done in a polite manner.

I would take that a step further and say, if you cannot contribute anything helpful towards the topic and put it in a polite and constructive way, then 'stay away from the topic'!

Hi

With reference to the topic, I to have wondered about the security of the fuel flap and, in my case, I cannot open it when the car is locked. Having followed thread since it started, and read all of the responses, I fully agreed with DanGull when said, if you cannot contribute anything helpful towards the topic or, whatever input you do make, always ensure that it is done in a polite manner.

If you cannot bring yourself to do either, the 'stay away from the topic,!

Are you talking about the actual outer flap which you normally push to open? I think some people may be confusing the metal inner flap with the outer flap.

Hi

I've always assumed that it was the 'outer flap' that you press to open and, having read about the same issue on other Ford Forums where onwer's stated that when they had locked the car, they would check the fuel flap before leaving the car and some found that upon pressing the flap in, it actually did open.

With reference to the topic, I to have wondered about the security of the fuel flap and, in my case, I cannot open it when the car is locked.

Yes you can though!

Hi iNath

Update!

My 'outer fuel flap' does open. It was obviously sticking on previous occasions and just needed more pressure.

^ Are you doing anything special e.g. using deadlocks? I just picked up my car 4 days ago and the dealership told me they don't lock, but if people have flaps that lock then I'll be annoyed that I didn't get one :(

Yes you can though!

Hi iNath

Just tried the outer fuel flap again whilst it was deadlocked and after pressing a couple of times, the flap did not open but I pressed on it a third time with more pressure and 'it did open'. :(

And there was me thinking that I had one in a million. :)

^ Are you doing anything special e.g. using deadlocks? I just picked up my car 4 days ago and the dealership told me they don't lock, but if people have flaps that lock then I'll be annoyed that I didn't get one :(

No need to be annoyed - see my updated response. :)

More shithead comments towards a simple question.

Okay maybe a poll wasnt needed and someone could of just answered saying "no it doesnt lock" but to post your typical sarcastic and non friendly comments never fail to make me wonder were you perhaps bullied at school maybe?

Ive never been on a forum like this one.

Clickly shower !

More shithead comments towards a simple question.

Okay maybe a poll wasnt needed and someone could of just answered saying "no it doesnt lock" but to post your typical sarcastic and non friendly comments never fail to make me wonder were you perhaps bullied at school maybe?

Ive never been on a forum like this one.

Clickly shower !

And I think that reply just stirs it around one more time - Mods can we close this please as the OP's question has been answered.

Did peoples fiesta not come with fuel? and like mine, you drive him to the garage, he shows you how to fill it, and pays for it. And on the flip side, do you think the anti syphon system in would cost a lot more than a simple locking cap, so they have done their homework, and it might actually work! Also, as well as the anti syphon bit, as you insert the nozzle, underneath it checks the diameter of the nozzle, and if it is the wrong size (eg wrong fuel) it supposedly throws it back out! Anyone checked the plastic funnel to see if petrol and diesel are different sizes?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club