Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rattling noise at warm engine

reinder

Hi guy's

I have a weird sounds in my 2.3 petrol engine. When they engine is hot its makes a weird rattling noise that you vest can hear around 2400rpm.

I already ask the ford dealer because I just bought it so warranty.

They replaced the waterpump and the pullies and the belt. But I still hear the noise and now they say. It's normal and just turn up the radio. Anny thoughts on what it could be? I had a similar sound with my skoda and on that car it was the chain. But I can't find any topics on broking chains on this car

Anny ideas would be helpful 

I have a rattling noise but only under load in the low range and when it's cold, i haven't found out what it is yet but I'm convinced it's something like a heat shield as it certainly sounds like a metallic or plastic tapping. Comes from the drivers side on mine. I guess the first thing to try is securing all loose items such as cables, make sure they are ruled out.

Funny thing is that the noise is louder inside the car then on the outside

If you have a timing chain rather than a belt, it can cause a rattling noise at a certain rpm as the tensioners adjust. It's pretty normal, but my only experience is with the 2.0/2.2 TDCI engines. A petrol might be a different matter, but possibly worth a look anyway. Another possibility could be the radiator fans? It's a long shot, but easily ruled out by leaving the car to idle until it warms up and then just wait for the fans to spin up. My old Accord was a 2.0 petrol and the radiator fans were pretty loud at idle anyway, so if something is rattling there it'll be easy to spot.  

Best of luck to you with your motor! Hope you get it sorted soon. 

I have this on my ford focus 1.8 duratec he its the inlet manifold flaps!  I have tested this by disconnecting the vac pipes and bypassing the solenoids and driving the car.  The rattle disappeared at 2500 rpm but performance and engine drive ability was poor.  I have reconnected the solenoids and just ignore the noise. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club