Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Buying a “titanium x” badge from eBay...

MisterBigMack

On my focus titanium x - for some reason it doesn’t have the badge on it - I have seen the mondeo do but for some reason the focus’ don’t - if I purchase one from eBay - do they already come with a sticky on the back to simple stick on - or is there another way around getting them stuck and staying on? 

Yes will have the sticky pads on. But you can always ask the seller before you buy from them.

Think the reason you don't see the tit-x badge on new focus is not enough room to fit it on 😉

It’s the 2012 focus - to be honest the way the boot is - one side is the focus badge and the other is econetic badge but I think I might have found a spot near it - it may look rubbish I might have to have a look

A lot of titanium’s don’t have the badge on for some reason. My last one, a 2012, did but my new one, a 2015, hasn’t. 

Coincidentally, I have just finished putting a gloss black titanium badge on mine. 

76596A2C-0077-4824-8D4C-43A3CF9F3A5A.jpeg

Also, if you buy a cheap one expect the adhesive to be poor. Mine was and I had to get some 3M double sided and carefully cut it out to match the small letters. Right pain in the ar*e. 

1 hour ago, Rumblestrip said:

A lot of titanium’s don’t have the badge on for some reason. My last one, a 2012, did but my new one, a 2015, hasn’t. 

Coincidentally, I have just finished putting a gloss black titanium badge on mine. 

76596A2C-0077-4824-8D4C-43A3CF9F3A5A.jpeg

DO you have any pictures from further back and square on to the car, just to see both badges?

Personally I’m not a fan of adding badges, especially if they advertise the spec of the car, it’s a bit like helping a thief to decide on your car or the debadged one next to it. That’s just a personal opinion, and I know it sounds really daft and petty but if you tell your insurance company (it is classed as a cosmetic modification, and as such should be declared) then I think you may be surprised to find out it may add a couple of quid to your policy. Makes it more desirable and appealing

1 minute ago, Jonro2009 said:

DO you have any pictures from further back and square on to the car, just to see both badges?

Personally I’m not a fan of adding badges, especially if they advertise the spec of the car, it’s a bit like helping a thief to decide on your car or the debadged one next to it. That’s just a personal opinion, and I know it sounds really daft and petty but if you tell your insurance company (it is classed as a cosmetic modification, and as such should be declared) then I think you may be surprised to find out it may add a couple of quid to your policy. Makes it more desirable and appealing

I’ll get a better photo when I’m out later

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jonro2009 said:

Excuse the sombrero :)

8EEF7025-32A1-4C12-8C0D-51ED83072DC9.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rumblestrip said:

8EEF7025-32A1-4C12-8C0D-51ED83072DC9.jpeg

Sombrero? Looks more like a barge on a trailer lol.

• Haha 1

8EEF7025-32A1-4C12-8C0D-51ED83072DC9.thumb.jpeg.122edcd828dd89d3d7a9a3d4830a99df.jpeg

I have to say, the dark badges look a ton better than chrome!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Jonro2009 said:

I have to say, the dark badges look a ton better than chrome!

My thoughts exactly 

• Like 1

My thoughts exactly 

As you will have gathered, I was sceptical at first but I’m the first to admit that it was unfounded.

34 minutes ago, Jonro2009 said:

As you will have gathered, I was sceptical at first but I’m the first to admit that it was unfounded.

Fair enough mate. The evidence speaks for itself. I love it. 

Fair enough mate. The evidence speaks for itself. I love it. 

It does, I was going to debadge mine next weekend but I may actually try a bit of plastidip First and see how it looks.