Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chipex kits, anybody used them?

IllogicalCpt

Hi everyone, just wondered if anyone had any experience of these kits, quite expensive in comparison to a kit from Halfords or even ford so just wondered what you get for your money, a better finish??

https://www.chipex.co.uk/

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

That's the one I have used for some time. Really good match/blend, if you follow the instructions.

CART10 Code will give you 10% off. There is additional postage on the price.

The biggest pack (Platinum), works out at £38.92 total on 48 hour tracked delivery.

Well I have ordered one, will give it a go and post some pics/feedback

Ford do sell touch up paint. When I bought my car it looks like one of the owners bought some touch up paint and kept it. I practiced on one piece and it looks nearly invisible for someone who would just take a glimpse of it. Might buy another set as I think it's over it's expiry date (if paint does expire) and the brush attachment broke off into the bottle and it's difficult using the pin attachment. 

On 24/03/2018 at 2:18 PM, CHUDNET10 said:

Hi everyone, just wondered if anyone had any experience of these kits, quite expensive in comparison to a kit from Halfords or even ford so just wondered what you get for your money, a better finish??

https://www.chipex.co.uk/

Anything has to be better than Halfords kit. Tried Halfords on mines and have grey lines instead of moondust silver.

• Like 1

Used many times with great results, take your time and follow instructions and the results are very good. They have sales all the tie so hold out for a good deal

Used many times with great results, take your time and follow instructions and the results are very good. They have sales all the tie so hold out for a good deal
Got my kit just waiting for a day of weather to do the work... Without snow or torrential rain...

• Haha 1

Best results come from multiple thin layers, I have done a few on my car. One on bonnet I can’t see where I repaired it and one on the wing which is slightly visible, had to rush it as the wife kept nagging me! Good luck..... 

• 3 weeks later...

Well what a waste of money, twice had paint sent from chipex and twice the colour match is wrong, too Dark. Instead I have got the kit from ford.

Next question, has anyone got a method of good repair on stone chips down and can share it?

• 1 month later...

In the end i did a combination of both kits - the colour accuracy of the ford kit and the blending/brushes supplied with the chipex kit