Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Car Lights stay on?

Lydskyd

The front small lights on car stay on until i lock car.

Is this normal?

Will it not be bad for battery of car?

Is there any way to switch them off?

The nice man at Evans Halshaw not tell me many things I am now just finding out about the car.

ie.  there is no spare wheel for a start or jack just some sort of aerosol and a pump in the boot.
I have already had to take the car back 3 times is this normal or is Evans Halshaw a bad place to buy a car, i just avoided Arnold Clarke as I was told they are the worst but I am now wondering if Evans Halshaw are not in a goodly way?

5 minutes ago, Lydskyd said:

Is this normal?

Yes, these are the Daytime Running Lights (DRL's) and will stay on untill the car is locked (or will go off by themselves after a few mins).

6 minutes ago, Lydskyd said:

Will it not be bad for battery of car?

No, they use so little power and go off after a few minutes anyway.

6 minutes ago, Lydskyd said:

Is there any way to switch them off?

Not without reprogramming stuff I don't believe.

7 minutes ago, Lydskyd said:

The nice man at Evans Halshaw not tell me many things I am now just finding out about the car.

ie.  there is no spare wheel for a start or jack just some sort of aerosol and a pump in the boot.
I have already had to take the car back 3 times is this normal or is Evans Halshaw a bad place to buy a car, i just avoided Arnold Clarke as I was told they are the worst but I am now wondering if Evans Halshaw are not in a goodly way?

Most people can't change a wheel anyway, so manufactures gave up giving spare wheels and use this tyre weld stuff instead to get you home. Downside is that a nail that can be removed and patched up costing £5 turns into £80 for a new tyre.

Evans Halshaw, Arnold Clark, Perrys etc. are all the same style of dealership. All of them get their cars from either part ex's or auctions, give them a quick inspection and a valet and sell them on. Getting a bad used car is just luck of the draw which is why you always take it for a test drive and give a thorough inspection before buying. In all fairness I wouldn't go slagging the dealership off for not telling you how to bluetooth your phone (which is the same in any car really) and not giving you tyre weld instead (again pretty common nowadays). Maybe if the car starts giving you problems and failing on you, but you can always buy a spare wheel from eBay and stick that in there.

• Like 3

The lights that remain on until you lock the car are the Daytime Running Lights (DRL) which you will see on most modern cars during the day. They shouldn't affect the battery of the car.

As standard, the Fiesta's don't come with a spare/space saver wheel and instead come with the tyre repair foam kits which should seal and inflate the tyre if you get a puncture. They are no good if the tyre is severely damaged (side wall damage etc.) and will only be good enough to get you to a nearby garage where you should get the tyre replaced.

**Edit** What Luke said :biggrin:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Zico said:

The lights that remain on until you lock the car are the Daytime Running Lights (DRL) which you will see on most modern cars during the day. They shouldn't affect the battery of the car.

As standard, the Fiesta's don't come with a spare/space saver wheel and instead come with the tyre repair foam kits which should seal and inflate the tyre if you get a puncture. They are no good if the tyre is severely damaged (side wall damage etc.) and will only be good enough to get you to a nearby garage where you should get the tyre replaced.

**Edit** What Luke said :biggrin:

I've done that a fair few times lol. Write a reply out and post it seconds after someone else has basically put the same thing haha.

Thanks you Luke you are very helpful man and quick!

I take car back 3 time because tire go flat and they not give me parcel shelf.

Man say they change tyre but it go flat again and again 3 times - I think they think just silly woman and do nothing but i took man friend with me and he kick bottom and get man to do job properly! 

Now is fix but now i worry maybe car is not in a goodly way?

If the tyre keeps losing pressure then it could be the valves are damaged, there is a puncture or some other damage to the alloy that is letting air out. Might be worth checking with a local tyre garage if you don't trust Evans Halshaw.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lydskyd said:

Thanks you Luke you are very helpful man and quick!

I take car back 3 time because tire go flat and they not give me parcel shelf.

Man say they change tyre but it go flat again and again 3 times - I think they think just silly woman and do nothing but i took man friend with me and he kick bottom and get man to do job properly!

No doubt it was pumped up just before you got there to take ownership so that when you drove off and got a flat they could say it's a wear and tear item and bad luck that you got a puncture on it. Thankfully there's legislation in place now that kinda prevents dealers from doing that, but still doesn't stop them from trying to fob people off. I know people before now who have stood outside dealerships before putting customers off buying a car from there until they got given a refund.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Zico said:

If the tyre keeps losing pressure then it could be the valves are damaged, there is a puncture or some other damage to the alloy that is letting air out. Might be worth checking with a local tyre garage if you don't trust Evans Halshaw.

My work man friend is good with car he help me and come with me to take car back and told me two front tyre were baldy ones and slow puncture and battery is not in a goodly way so i worry i will be strand somewhere and have to phone AA. No car mats either were given so i had to buy from Home Bargins!

I just wanted reliable car i paid lots of money i didnt expect such bad service from nice man who tell me lots of not true things is like Cigany in Scotland in many places like Presov!
Sigh!

:unsure:

No car mats? well you don't even get them with a brand new car as standard.

As you now now know, these cars generally don't come with a spare wheel, the spare wheel was a £100 optional extra when buying the car new. But oddly, on the Econetic Diesel Fiesta (which I have)they did come with a spare wheel as standard without extra optional cost, and that wheel is the same size as the wheels on the Econetic model , not a skinny space saver spare. So any logical reason for them not supplying a spare wheel at all as standard on the other Fiestas goes out the window. 

It is common to have to pay extra for a spare wheel on a new car. usually about a hundred quid extra. You should get one really. Not all tyre damage can be fixed with the emergency inflation kit supplied, eg if you hit a chunk of concrete a skip lorry had dropped in the road or split the tyre on a pothole. 

and if you get a spare wheel make sure you have a good wheel spanner. The type the car makers supply is usually next to useless as short short so not enough leverage.  I like this type as you can push one end with your foot whilst pulling the other with two hands

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Laser-0233-Wheel-Brace-Way/dp/B0012M9FWO

Nah you want one of these i have the old spider type brace above and i prefer this new one.

She is a lady dude a spider would be too hard to turn and you cant stand on a spider wheel brace for extra oomph!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rolson-42729-Wheel-Wrench/dp/B000VLI4O2/ref=sr_1_2?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1521943224&sr=1-2&keywords=wheel+brace

It also extends like a police baton so quite good if you are attacked you can finish your attacker off easier with a baton style brace!

lol
Plus you can add various heads to remove different type nuts its actually quite useful i used it to free the bolts on my garage door springs!