Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Connecting up heated seats.

Mr Tenno

Hey guys,

I've retrofitted a set of the full leather seats into my 2013 Titanium but ideally I'd like to connect up heated seat function. I'm fairly sure this should be possible because:

- The seat connectors on the main loom have all the correct plugs

- The heated seat fuses are present in the fuse box

- It was an optional extra for this model

I've got a set of the correct switches but the only problem is I can't find the unused connector under the dash, I was led to believe it might be taped up under the dash somewhere but I'll be damned if I can find anything like that - does anyone know where I should be looking or would anyone be willing to follow theirs back from the switch to find out where it goes?

Thanks in advance

Hmm ya got me thinking I was toying with the idea of sticking one of the leather heated seat from my old Streetka into my Fiesta - there is only one connector to the seat the power buttons are on the bottom left of the seat - depends on how yours are wired - is it not an all in one plug or is there a plug for the heater and one for the switch?

You can see the connection in the second pic - do your seats look like those?

Red button bottom left of seat?

Streetka_sale.jpg

Streetka_Leak_Repairs_20151124_15_55_16_Pro (24).jpg

I've seen a video showing the lead I'm looking for and it disappears behind the gearstick somewhere but when I opened up the centre console all I could find was this down by the tunnel. 

20180327_182620-1134x2016.jpg

Did you checlk other forums - its apparently a bit of a pain cos the plug you are looking for aint there - you have to jerry rig it yourself!

https://www.scribd.com/doc/59749364/Ford-Fiesta-Electric-Schematic

Nice seats but not as buckety as the Streetka's you slip into them like a glove!

Isn't that for a mk4? Mine's a mk7.5.

So is mine - i didnt check it mea culpa!
Pardon my ignorance but whats a MK7.5 I have a 2014 but its a MK7?

I havent had this Fiesta for long - my other car is a Bugatti Veyron.

:wink:

8 hours ago, Nikstryker said:

So is mine - i didnt check it mea culpa!
Pardon my ignorance but whats a MK7.5 I have a 2014 but its a MK7?

I havent had this Fiesta for long - my other car is a Bugatti Veyron.

:wink:

You’ll have the MK7.5 it’s the face lifted version, they came out 2012 onwards I believe 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mr Tenno said:

I've seen a video showing the lead I'm looking for and it disappears behind the gearstick somewhere but when I opened up the centre console all I could find was this down by the tunnel. 

20180327_182620-1134x2016.jpg

That looks like the right plug, is there wiring coming out of both sides or is it a blanking plug?

have you got the smaller piece of loom from the switches to the car loom?image.thumb.png.796dc9e133db41bcba549ed31da29fbc.png

You legend! Mine only has wires on one side so that's the piece I'm obviously missing. Does it have a visible part number?

• 2 months later...

Ok, because I hate finding threads like this with no resolution I thought I'd do an update once I'd solved the problem:

- The connecting harness is actually part of the dashboard loom so it doesn't have it's own part number, it's not just wrapped in so you have to cut a small wire to separate it (no idea what this wire actually does).

- It's extremely difficult to buy the connecting harness separately, they are like hen's teeth. Some get cut off when the loom is removed from the dash. Most breakers I spoke to were unwilling to separate it from the loom.

- To have the connector on the loom, the donor car will need to have been fitted with heated seats at the factory. I found the easiest way to guarantee this was to get a loom from a fiesta ST3.

- When separated from the loom and plugged in, the heated seats work, the button lights up / toggles etc. everything works as expected!

• 2 years later...

Hi team, 

New to the forum and wanted to post on this thread, as it's been really helpful to help retrofit the heated leather seats! I've got the same car as the OP (2013 Mk7.5 Titanium) and had exactly the same experience.

The small piece of loom is the tricky bit as mentioned. Finding the seats on eBay isn't too hard - they come up from time to time, in either full or half leather versions - but the small connecting loom just isn't available at all.

I contacted loads of breakers and even the place I purchased the seats from, but they either didn't have it, had thrown it away or were unwilling to separate it from the Shell. One breaker had lots of Fiesta ST shells and in one of the photos, I could just about see the piece of loom - but they still wouldn't separate it! I also agree with the OP that Fiesta STs are a good place to look. They get written off much more than Titanium X models.

But then I had a stroke of luck: I already purchased the heated switches, but another set came up with the centre console surround plus a cut-off loom! So I bought this and was able to solder on extra lengths of wire:

20201118_115813

At the other end, you need to find the connector under the centre console. It's next to the gear selector. You can reach it by removing the passenger side trim below the dash and console:

20201113_154932

Here's a close-up:

20201113_154938

I cut this block off and used a new aftermarket connector block to join the wires together. The back of the heated seat switch has 8 wires, while the one in the centre console has 7. They all should colour match, except one, which is black/blue. This provides illumination for the switches, and it needs to go to pin 5 on the C237 grey connector under the stereo. You can splice the same black/blue wire that goes into the auto stop/start, ESC off and park assist buttons nearby if you wish (I tried this and it also illuminates).

Otherwise, all plug and play. The leather seats have more wires in the connector block but as the OP says, check your fusebox. If you already have two 15A fuses for heated seats, then you're all set.

A worthwhile upgrade! They're more comfy and supportive than the Titanium versions, plus heated of course.

How much did this conversion cost you in total?

9 hours ago, st line x 140 driver said:

How much did this conversion cost you in total?

Seats were £180, switches (including the cut off loom) was £34 delivered and £4 for a connector block.

I've got to eBay off my Titanium seats and the duplicate switches so this will come down a little, but won't know for a while.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi I’ve put the heated seat loom in an wired the blue an brown wire in to the stop start blown an blue wire the heated seat button illuminates an the passenger button lights up organge but the drives doesn’t ? An the seats don’t warm up what could this be thanks ?

1 hour ago, Alfie king said:

Hi I’ve put the heated seat loom in an wired the blue an brown wire in to the stop start blown an blue wire the heated seat button illuminates an the passenger button lights up organge but the drives doesn’t ? An the seats don’t warm up what could this be thanks ?

Have you connected the seats themselves (the big connector block under the seat) and also checked for the heated seat fuses in the fusebox?

It is plug and play if you have the fuses already in place.

• 4 months later...
On 11/21/2020 at 8:58 AM, Benw1234 said:

Seats were £180, switches (including the cut off loom) was £34 delivered and £4 for a connector block.

I've got to eBay off my Titanium seats and the duplicate switches so this will come down a little, but won't know for a while.

Just to update my post, I sold my old Titanium seats (front seats and rear bench) on eBay for £75. So the total upgrade was £148.

The seats have been brilliant since fitting - they are *way* more comfortable than the Titanium seats as they're more firm - while the heated function is real luxury. Surprised actually at how often I've switched on the heating, especially with the cold April we've had. Sometimes it's just nice on the lower setting of the two. My two sons approve too, especially when coming home from winter youth football matches!

• 9 months later...

Hi Ben, did you do any hardwiring into the fusebox itself? I have the 15A fuses in locations 9 and 10 on my FB which are said to run the heated seats, im thinking of the doing the exact same as you, but i need to understand a little bit more.

If i buy the switch unit and loom, i just cut the loom and replace with a connector block then wire up both ends and voilà? 

I have a 2013 zetec s, not too sure about the electrical connectors for the seats also, were the the original cloth seats different connector plugs or did they clip straight onto the recaro seats electric harness? 

Sorry for all the questions, i just need answers for this 😅 after thread surfing this is the most ideal one. 

TIA

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club