Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HELP Engine Overheating when low RPM

nurv

Hello everybody, new to this forum but please be patient I am at wits end.

My problem, I have Ford Focus 2011 1.6 Ecoboost Petrol around a year ago the car overheating badly, the bottom end on the engine was replaced everything seemed fine for a year then around 2 weeks ago the following happen.

The radiator overflow started to pressure up really bad, the lid stuck on so I managed to flush the system with no improvement.

I took the vehicle to a small backstreet garage who immediately said "Head Gasket" I wasn't convinced so I purchase two different test both come back negative.

I then took the vehicle to another garage who said faulty water pump, he removed the water pump and then phoned me to say nothing wrong with it and he didn't know what the problem was, so after speaking to Ford, they said 3 week wait. I'm pretty good with stuff so I got angry went on a mission to fix it myself.

I discovered the thermostat valve was broken, I replaced this and it worked fine for two weeks, then it started overheating again so I checked the second thermostat it had a piece of crap blocking it working I removed and wow I got the vehicle working but now I have another issue.

The car drives fine, at normal speeds and on motorways but when it's at low rpm/idle the engine starts to heat up from what ODB2 says. 

If I rev the engine the temp begins to reduce, I can hear the fans and both pipes get hot.

Any suggestions?

Just now, nurv said:

Hello everybody, new to this forum but please be patient I am at wits end.

My problem, I have Ford Focus 2011 1.6 Ecoboost Petrol around a year ago the car overheating badly, the bottom end on the engine was replaced everything seemed fine for a year then around 2 weeks ago the following happen.

The radiator overflow started to pressure up really bad, the lid stuck on so I managed to flush the system with no improvement.

I took the vehicle to a small backstreet garage who immediately said "Head Gasket" I wasn't convinced so I purchase two different test both come back negative.

I then took the vehicle to another garage who said faulty water pump, he removed the water pump and then phoned me to say nothing wrong with it and he didn't know what the problem was, so after speaking to Ford, they said 3 week wait. I'm pretty good with stuff so I got angry went on a mission to fix it myself.

I discovered the thermostat valve was broken, I replaced this and it worked fine for two weeks, then it started overheating again so I checked the second thermostat it had a piece of crap blocking it working I removed and wow I got the vehicle working but now I have another issue.

The car drives fine, at normal speeds and on motorways but when it's at low rpm/idle the engine starts to heat up from what ODB2 says. 

If I rev the engine the temp begins to reduce, I can hear the fans and both pipes get hot.

Any suggestions?

Just now, nurv said:

I'm personally thinking maybe the Fan relay?

Have you tried checking the fan turns on? If you wait a while and engine overheats but fan is off then I would be fan, in that case check fuses and relay. Simple to check both with a multimeter. 

If fan turns on, try turning fans inside car on, if they feel as hot as engine temp says then you may have clogged up radiator, either piping or radiator itself. 

But why was the bottom end replaced? Was anything machined to make sure it's was flat, it maybe a case or a product being put in that was suppose to seal the block. 

You have a blockage or restricted flow. 

Yes, update below...

I've replaced the left hand thermostat housing + thermostat.

The only thing I can think now is Heater Control Valve, does anybody know what this does exactly.

Thanks

s-l1600.jpg

Replaced this part above, engine still overheats when been on a drive and idle parked it's like the coolant stop circulating. Anybody help? 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club