Trent Edge

Front & Rear Dashcam Install Guide (+ Pictures) - [2016 Ford Edge]

1 minute ago, AjM said:

Same one you used, pre collision assist, front camera etc.  Not what the book says it is...  I found that not one fuse corresponded to the book, ones that were spare were in use and vice versa etc

Ohhhh, that's strange. I think mine were all relatively correct, however I might be wrong. My Edge was registered Sep 2016 so a slightly older one whether that makes any difference.

Maybe, it says in the book that fuse 36 15a (which is right) heated seat and rear view mirror.  However when I pulled it out, pre collision assist and front camera error came on dash.  I have checked all the fuses in that passenger fuse box and they are all fine.

Everything still dead.  I looked at that but that one has no power at all,  Mine has interior lights and pumps etc all powered.

All fixed.  Took the AA man 2 hours.  So in the engine bay, under the main fuse box there is a plastic flap.  Lift that up and there are 6 main fuses.  A 50amp ignition fuse had blown.  But they are riveted in, so we had to drill it out and bolt a new fuse in.  All in everything working except the dash cam which I will have to start from scratch again tomorrow.  Not sure if I want to touch the fuse box again....!!!.

Wow, can't see that being linked to the cam install. Anyhow, good that it's sorted

On 11/2/2018 at 9:28 PM, AjM said:

All fixed.  Took the AA man 2 hours.  So in the engine bay, under the main fuse box there is a plastic flap.  Lift that up and there are 6 main fuses.  A 50amp ignition fuse had blown.  But they are riveted in, so we had to drill it out and bolt a new fuse in.  All in everything working except the dash cam which I will have to start from scratch again tomorrow.  Not sure if I want to touch the fuse box again....!!!.

Have you given it another go yet?

Yes and it has all been fine.  Boot is still playing up but that is another issue!

On 11/26/2018 at 8:38 PM, AjM said:

Yes and it has all been fine.  Boot is still playing up but that is another issue!

Good to hear... apart from the boot!