Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ECO mode

Mavroz

Can anyone say what the Eco mode button does on the later Fiestas. I know there is a distinct drop in power with it active.

Does it limit revs or fuel to.the engine etc?

And....

The mk8 has the Eco button on the 140hp engine.

The mk7.5 doesn't have the button on the 140hp engine but it did on the 125hp car we were loaned.

Why do some have it and some don't? I am guessing it isn't an option.

I think it reduces the electronic throttle response.

It looks like it was introduced as standard towards the end of life of the 7.5 (or the button was, don't know if the feature was always there buried in a menu?)

When you drive with EcoSelect switched on, you could notice:

Changes in engine behavior.
    Reduced acceleration performance.
    Reduced blower motor speed.
    No override function.

From the online manual.

I have noticed all the above 'if' I use that function.

I've also noticed that when using cruise control in eco mode, when the speed limit changes from say 30 to 40 mph and I move the speed up (long press for 5mph increments) the acceleration is smooth rather that harsh.

From what I have noticed eco button on:

Reduced cruise control speed increase

Reduced climate temperature sensitivity 

Auto start stop more likely to activate

Overboost won't activate

The Button only makes a couple of mpg difference but i tend to leave it on.

• Thanks 1

So are all your cars with the button 125hp models. As i say my 140hp mk7.5 doesn't have one and it is a late model.

There is also nothing on the screen menu on the Ford eco that can be changed or turned on and off. Just the little flowers with petals.

I guess on the 140 it is always off.

Ok. Thank you. Must only be 100 and 125hp that have the eco option then. Wonder if this is with the 140 being built much later and having different build components such as drive turbo/gearbox i think to name but a few I have heard mentioned.

I am guessing that is a mk8? The Mrs mk8 st line x has the eco option.

I was referring to the mk7.5 fiesta.

When trawling classifieds last year I saw some late red edition mk 7.5s that had the eco button.

Thanks Jonson. Seems like some have and some haven't then by the looks. Probably wouldn't use it if the car had it tbh as I never use the start stop either.

• 11 months later...

I've just purchased a vignale ex demo which doesn't have the eco button. Is there any other way of accessing the different drive modes without it? 

2 hours ago, LindyLouLou said:

I've just purchased a vignale ex demo which doesn't have the eco button. Is there any other way of accessing the different drive modes without it? 

Are you sure there isn’t any buttons for it in the buttons near the cupholders? If there isn’t one, what do the buttons say in that area around the cupholder? 

As i posted above a while back, my mk7.5 140hp st line doesn't have the eco button. The mrs mk8 stlx does have one but in fairness it doesn't get used in hers (eco mode doesn't get used) when I use it so I certainly don't miss it in my car.

On mine it's the the left hand button of the three behind the gear lever - can't see why the Vignale should be any different. Had eco modes on various cars in the past which have never achieved  anything you couldn't match with judicious use of the right foot, so I never bother with them nowadays.

If you look at used car sites and look at Vignale 140's, you can see an eco button down between the chairs.

13 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

On mine it's the the left hand button of the three behind the gear lever - can't see why the Vignale should be any different. Had eco modes on various cars in the past which have never achieved  anything you couldn't match with judicious use of the right foot, so I never bother with them nowadays.

My car is a Fiesta automatic but has 4 buttons behind the gear stick. None of these buttons is for the drive modes.

My car is a Fiesta automatic but has 4 buttons behind the gear stick. None of these buttons is for the drive modes.

Out of interest, what are the 4? Mine are Eco mode, Traction control (Tcs), and start/stop.

Trying to remember without going down to the car Auto start/stop, traction and 2 buttons with P on them.  One is Parking Assist and can't remember the other one but not Eco.  I'll take a look asap.

57 minutes ago, LindyLouLou said:

Trying to remember without going down to the car Auto start/stop, traction and 2 buttons with P on them.  One is Parking Assist and can't remember the other one but not Eco.  I'll take a look asap.

The second one with the P on it will be for the front parking sensors, I wonder if given that yours in an auto if it just doesn’t come with the eco mode

8 minutes ago, DG97 said:

The second one with the P on it will be for the front parking sensors, I wonder if given that yours in an auto if it just doesn’t come with the eco mode

Agreed, just had a look at a few auto Vignales on Autotrader, none seem to have the EcoSelect button.  Some don't even have park assist! 😮 

Can't see any mention of no eco mode on autos in any of the literature, but while looking I noticed that both the Style and ST-1 seem to have disappeared from the latest price list, and with the exception of the 85 ps Zetec at £15,665, everything is now 5 door only apart from ST-Line and ST models.

8 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Can't see any mention of no eco mode on autos in any of the literature, but while looking I noticed that both the Style and ST-1 seem to have disappeared from the latest price list, and with the exception of the 85 ps Zetec at £15,665, everything is now 5 door only apart from ST-Line and ST models.

The removal of the 3 door versions of various trim levels has annoyed me somewhat as I wanted a 3 door Titanium but now I'll be going for an ST-Line X 140ps instead. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club