Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk3 Steering Wheel Buttons

TomsFocus

Does anyone else have issues with the steering wheel buttons?

I'm finding mine won't work with a single press for about 30% of the time and sometimes not with a second press either.  It's not only annoying but quite dangerous as it's happened with horn and the cruise cancel.

Just wondering if there's a plug that's common to come lose or anything like that?

Cheers

Tom

Is the steering wheel buttons on your focus the same as the mk6 fiestas where the controls are to the side of the steering wheel? I actually have an error code saying someone about the radio. I've noticed the button to lower the volume is a bit stiff or sticky (don't know if the car notices that). Also the knob for the volume sometimes increases or decreases the volume by one but that happens depending on the positioning of the knob. 

No, the mk2 had the same audio buttons as the Mk6 Fiesta but I never had an issue with those.  The buttons on the mk3 are all directly on the wheel rather than on the cowling next to it.  As the wheel is obviously always moving it would be easy to break connections inside but may not be that at all lol.  

IMG_20180201_092312647.thumb.jpg.3af24350c3df12b005d87fad50006eeb.jpg

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

No, the mk2 had the same audio buttons as the Mk6 Fiesta but I never had an issue with those.  The buttons on the mk3 are all directly on the wheel rather than on the cowling next to it.  As the wheel is obviously always moving it would be easy to break connections inside but may not be that at all lol.  

IMG_20180201_092312647.thumb.jpg.3af24350c3df12b005d87fad50006eeb.jpg

That could be something to check to see if the wires are kinking. Do all the buttons click when you press it and don't feel sticky or stiff or don't click when you press it? 

Yeah I can feel and hear the click, and feel the 'stop' when pressing the horn...I did think maybe i just just wasn't pressing then hard enough in my old age so have made a point of pressing them hard now lol.