Do Not Sell My Personal Information

boot leak fiesta 2009

Sharon201

Hi I just had the so called leak fixed in the boot was told by garage it was coming in from roof trim.....now it has rained it's wet through again it's on the right hand side of the boot ....any ideas please ....

Is it coming in from underneath the carpet on the right and running in the wheel well? 

Yes the old toilet paper trick - the big wide stuff is good or you can use newspaper - its important to find where its actually coming in.

Once its rained (or use the garden hose) you can see on the paper where its wet where its coming from or just lock yourself in the boot (done that been there).

On my other cars it was always the light cluster and inside the car it was always the seals around the windows or sunroof!

Get yer Andrex out and stick it especially where they said it was coming from - then take a picture and stick it to em - ye always need proof when you deal with ripoff garages.

I'm also having this issue. Just on the drivers side of the boot.

Where are the common places to look at?

• 1 month later...
On ‎28‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 5:56 PM, Nick_T said:

Is it coming in from underneath the carpet on the right and running in the wheel well? 

no... now the foot well of the passenger side behind driver is soaked too ....

Have a look here:- 

https://www.jamessimpson.co.uk/fitting-fiesta-roof-bars-ford-fiesta-mk7/

Where the blanking screws are for the roof rack fitment is covered with a sealant from the factory. I found at the back mounting point the sealant had cracked and was letting water into the boot area. I tried sealing the back lamps, boot seal everything i possibly could and those mounting points I found out was the cause. After resealing no more leaks!

Not saying this is the cause of the leak on your vehicle but it could well be a possibility. 

Thank  you will tell the garage this :smile:

Just had this problem on the passengers side of the boot on my sons car, stripped out the interior lining and traced it back to the light cluster. Took out the light cluster and found that one of the rubber grommets/seals that the cluster fits into was missing, so it was just a hole left. Had to get the garage to order the grommet but hoping this is the problem.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club