Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Adaptive cruise control

James
聽Share

Does this image suggest I have adaptive cruise control? For a car that doesn't have Drl's and auto fold in mirrors if I had this feature it would make me feel better about the car 馃榿.聽

IMG_20180328_213645.jpg

Coolio. I'm surprised the car dealer never told me about it. That is a big selling point.

4 minutes ago, James said:

Coolio. I'm surprised the car dealer never told me about it. That is a big selling point.

Check your handbook that will tell you how to use it also put your reg into Ford Etis and it will give you the as聽聽built spec of your car, you will have to register

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, pragmatix said:

Check your handbook that will tell you how to use it also put your reg into Ford Etis and it will give you the as聽聽built spec of your car, you will have to register

I had just registered for Ford Etis today and when I seen adaptive cruise control as one of the specs, I thought it was a mistake so went out to the car to have a look. Never noticed it in the month i have had the car.聽

Wish I had that on my Tit X. Might retro fit it now I'm out of warranty.

4 hours ago, DJ_Andy_M said:

Wish I had that on my Tit X. Might retro fit it now I'm out of warranty.

Surprised the Titanium X doesn't have it as it seems to have every other option as standard.聽

mate is having to wait 3 months for a 5 series to be built with it on.... 65 k and the rubbish can't even slow down.聽 not a single 5 series聽in the UK with it for sale (should be std on anything over 30k) and all BM owners too dim to tick the options box.

I've had two cars with it, wouldn't buy another car without it.聽 first was聽a BM (as I say, rare as hell only seen on 6 cars out of聽3 million here) was brilliant always right only issue was below 15 mph it said goodnight and turned off.... and common on merc, this will do stop start traffic but generally a bumbling fool always debating with its self what to do.

bloke at work had on a golf, as soon as u bump the thing or someone drives into at a carpark the sensor pops out of place and it cuts out.聽 loads complaining, this guy didn't know he had cruise as had never worked since he got it 7 months earlier... I reset a few codes popped the sensor back in and still wouldn't get over itself.聽 till next morning going lock to lock in car park parking it popped up a聽message that聽it was now happy.聽 clever bit on his is although a manual car, it remembers the set point between gear changes and turns itself back on.... (mine were both autos)

Just used it there tonight and it works like a charm. It's slightly unnerving a first as I kept wanting to put my foot on the break but it slows the car down just at the right time. Any car I have from now on must have adaptive cruise control 馃榿.聽

• Like 1

Nice bonus that one. Would love that.

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

Nice bonus that one. Would love that.

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

Ok it's stupid question time:

What is the difference between this and normal cruise?聽

Sensors to maintain distance?

If so, can this be retrod to a Mk3 Ti without Active city stop?

Because me likey...

• Like 1

Yeah it maintains a set distance between the car ahead.

Should just need the radar sensor behind the bumper, new steering wheel buttons and ACC module, and activate with FoCCCus...聽 But I have no idea if the wiring would all be there or not.

3 hours ago, Phil21185 said:

Ok it's stupid question time:

What is the difference between this and normal cruise?聽

Sensors to maintain distance?

If so, can this be retrod to a Mk3 Ti without Active city stop?

Because me likey...

A radar built in to the lower bumper detects a slower moving car in your Lane and slows down the car. When you go to over take the car in front it speeds up the car to the set speed again. This is what the lower bumper looks like.聽

IMG_20180331_125411.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for that peeps. I shall investigate :)聽

Basics - my car (not a ford) will maintain a gap of my choosing at speeds between 0 to 120 mph to the vehicle in front.聽 If we stop in traffic completely for more than a split second I have to ask it to pull away again ( I can do so by just flashing the cruise stalk, u never need to touch the throttle pedal).聽

Safety features - it will not go closer than the 2 second rule (but annoyingly if you聽keep the gap too big it will be filled by other motorists and you keep slowing down again).聽 On big corners, the steering angle applied automatically reduces the聽speed of the vehicle till you straighten up then it accelerates back to set speed (so long motorway junctions do lead to issues).聽 Because they didn't want the blame for being rear ended, it only applies up to 40% braking ability available (even if it knows you are going to crash).聽

Idiosyncracies聽-聽聽 Although it knows in traffic just聽like AEB if there something there it doesn't apply the brakes.聽 It beeps at the very last instance once to let you know you should have !聽 If you don't pay enough attention you end up slowing to a speed that can be 15mph less than you wanted on a motorway... because it decelerates to the one in front gradually you don't always notice by how much you have slowed.聽 After a few miles you think why are so many聽now going past me, then聽you glance at the speedo and realise you are in a queue of idiots doing 55 not 75

it won't see the end of a t junction even if a car is parked there, it won't see parked cars and magically doesn't spot or react badly to anything coming towards you.聽 in traffic sometimes it loses the guy in front if they dart off suddenly and it freaks out and turns off.聽

Age - Mine is a 12 year old fossil system and is very similar to the 11 year old set up I had on a BMW.聽 Except this system will go to 0 and follow cars in traffic.聽 Because the min set speed is 20 and聽not 10 it does try to re accelerate to 20 before it realises the traffic isn't doing 20.聽 But a software upgrade on a module seemed to help and if I聽adjust聽the set distance to a particular setting its smoothed the erratic wild driving behaviour it had before in stop start conditions聽聽聽It also聽changes behaviour (on gear changes and how it聽tries to maintain聽distance) between sport and comfort (neither are right and one between is what it needs).

My current Focus has Adaptive Cruise (as did the previous). I will never buy another car without it. Same for the BLIS, Traffic sign recognition, Self parking, heated steering wheel - I basically ticked just about every box on the options list. Dealer said that they'd never ordered a car before with so much!

Problem is, the current Focus offering from Ford no longer includes Adaptive cruise control - the mimimum vehicle spec that has it is the C-Max. I don't want a C-Max.

I now hoping that the new Focus MK4 will have it - if not then that's the end of Ford.

• 3 years later...
On 3/31/2018 at 1:02 PM, James said:

A radar built in to the lower bumper detects a slower moving car in your Lane and slows down the car. When you go to over take the car in front it speeds up the car to the set speed again. This is what the lower bumper looks like.聽

IMG_20180331_125411.jpg

Where can I find this part? I need a lower grille with the adaptive cruise radar but I can't find it anywhere, any part numbers?

On 3/31/2018 at 5:22 PM, jeff-d said:

My current Focus has Adaptive Cruise (as did the previous). I will never buy another car without it. Same for the BLIS, Traffic sign recognition, Self parking, heated steering wheel - I basically ticked just about every box on the options list. Dealer said that they'd never ordered a car before with so much!

Problem is, the current Focus offering from Ford no longer includes Adaptive cruise control - the mimimum vehicle spec that has it is the C-Max. I don't want a C-Max.

I now hoping that the new Focus MK4 will have it - if not then that's the end of Ford.

Do you by any miraculous chance have a part number or any information for someone looking to buy the equipment to retrofit ACC to their focus tit X 67-plate? 馃槈