Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta MK8 & the B&O Equalizer

Martijn89

Hi all!

Have been following the forum a lot in the past, and now I found that it was time to create an account and join the forum as well!

Last week I received my Fiesta ST-line, it's a 3 door in Magnetic with the 125HP engine. Additionally it has the B&O audio set, Panoramic roof, all the driver assists except for parking, winter- & visibility pack and grey leather interior. I really love the looks of the car, it seems quite a bit bigger than my Fiesta MK7.5 Red Edition I had before. Unfortunately in the Netherlands they don't sell the 140HP version, and probably will come with a Red Edition for this engine. But, it's not that much of a problem as the 125HP drives really nice as well. Maybe if Mountune comes out with a new kit for the MK8 I'll give them a call. I quite like the more flat torque curve though, as it makes the car a bit more practical on long rides. It's comfortable and quite a big step forward from the previous Fiesta, especially the interior. So really happy with it! 

Two issues though, one is that it was delivered with an off-center steering wheel which bugs me a bit. It's not much, but enough to notice it all the time when driving straight. The other thing is that on low bass notes the right door tray vibrates. Especially as I have the B&O system which should sound perfect. Dealer says it shouldn't be like this and they are going to try and fix it, let's see if it helps. 

But now my question, sorry for the off-topic part. I always get enthusiastic talking about the Fiesta. :-) I am a big audiophile and just had to order the B&O system. It's extremely clear, but on some songs the voices can sound a bit flat. I've read this in some reviews as well. The Sony system on the Red Edition I had was the "premium sound system" option, and I have to say it really wasn't that bad compared to the B&O system. It had a good equalizer which made me able to get the perfect sound out of the system. Well, the B&O system has 3 sliders for high, medium and low frequencies, but whatever I try I don't seem to get the sound the way I want it to be. It just seems too flat in the middle region, on voice-intensive songs it really sounds a bit flat in that region.. I get it a lot better turning the middle frequencies low, but this band is so large that it also removes some of the instruments in that region.

My "almost-perfect" settings now are: stereo (surround makes it sound worse I find), high + 2, medium -3, low +1. I was wondering if any of you has struggled a bit with the equalizer as well and came up with something perfect! Listening a lot of Spotify, so I might change the equalizer in Spotify itself. 

Curious about your findings! 

I’m not a fanatic when it comes to my music but I did notice that when I had the setting within Spotify enabled, the one that does ‘auto volume’, it sounded pretty bad on some tracks but fine on others. Could it be something like that? I don’t have upgraded headunit or Speakers etc but it mightn’t be worth mentioning to you

Yeah I agree! Thanks for the tip. I did change the equalizer on Spotify itself as well, and now it does sound better in my opinion. It really differs on some songs, but I'm getting quite happy with the result now. The Fiesta equalizer is now on + 2, 0, +1. 

Mine Mk8 had a off centre steering wheel also....

• 2 months later...

I have the 2017 B&O version Fiesta with titanium trim. Not impressed with the sound, music is OK but speech on the radio is v sibilant.  Turning down the treble doesn't impove it much..

Speech was no problem in my previous 2015 Fiesta Titanium and music was v good as well.

19 hours ago, fordbricks said:

I have the 2017 B&O version Fiesta with titanium trim. Not impressed with the sound, music is OK but speech on the radio is v sibilant.  Turning down the treble doesn't impove it much..

Speech was no problem in my previous 2015 Fiesta Titanium and music was v good as well.

Just responded to your topic when I saw your reply. I agree, but with some changes I'm pretty happy with the sound now. And it really seemed that the system needs some time running in. 

Stereo, +1, -1, +2, adaptive off are my settings now.

• 7 months later...

It's been a while since this topic was started, any new time B&O Fiesta drivers have some new settings? Really in doubt with Surround or Stereo now, some songs sounds awesome in Surround but it increases the treble so much and radio voices sound a bit weird. Still very happy with the system!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Martijn89 said:

It's been a while since this topic was started, any new time B&O Fiesta drivers have some new settings? Really in doubt with Surround or Stereo now, some songs sounds awesome in Surround but it increases the treble so much and radio voices sound a bit weird. Still very happy with the system!

I'm glad I went for the B&o system but I agree, it's very hit and miss whether the you have amazing or just ok sound.  I've find very little that drives the sub in a pleasing way so just wish I could push the sound around how I'd like without losing clarity etc.

Oh and the steering wheel thing, I've had 2x MK8s and they both has it lol, don't even see it now.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank @tef89! They fixed my steering wheel on the second attempt, I guess I just hated the idea of it. 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Martijn89 said:

Thank @tef89! They fixed my steering wheel on the second attempt, I guess I just hated the idea of it. 😉

That's great, glad they sorted it for you. 

I've got a rattle in the drivers door speaker now,  I'll mention it when I possibly go in later this month for the predicted GPS fix (hope mode lol). 

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah you should, they fixed it on my last service after they looked at it for a second time. There were some parts "under stress" in the door, they got them loose and glued them back in. Totally rattle free now, finally able to really enjoy the B&O system. Hope they fix it for you as well!

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Martijn89 said:

Yeah you should, they fixed it on my last service after they looked at it for a second time. There were some parts "under stress" in the door, they got them loose and glued them back in. Totally rattle free now, finally able to really enjoy the B&O system. Hope they fix it for you as well!

Cheers, that's promising then.  I'll mention it along with the pan roof rattle lol... If I can crank up the stereo I can drown that out hopefully 😉

On 3/14/2019 at 2:51 PM, tef89 said:

Cheers, that's promising then.  I'll mention it along with the pan roof rattle lol... If I can crank up the stereo I can drown that out hopefully 😉

Oh you also have the pan roof rattle? Me too... Tried everything last year. Seems to be something with the sun though, it only rattles on warm and sunny days. Think somethings expand or touch something then. Really annoying, any info on a solution are very welcome! 🙂

On 3/15/2019 at 8:35 PM, Martijn89 said:

Oh you also have the pan roof rattle? Me too... Tried everything last year. Seems to be something with the sun though, it only rattles on warm and sunny days. Think somethings expand or touch something then. Really annoying, any info on a solution are very welcome! 🙂

Sorry to hear I'm not alone m8. 

Firstly in winter, on frozen days, it made a noise that sounded like a team of hamsters were gnawing through the roof.  Now it's getting warmer I just get a creaking noise all the time... Only fix so far to play louder music 😉

Will let you know if I take the car in and they find a solution.  Got a feeling it'll involve mastic grouting. 

22 hours ago, tef89 said:

Sorry to hear I'm not alone m8. 

Firstly in winter, on frozen days, it made a noise that sounded like a team of hamsters were gnawing through the roof.  Now it's getting warmer I just get a creaking noise all the time... Only fix so far to play louder music 😉

Will let you know if I take the car in and they find a solution.  Got a feeling it'll involve mastic grouting. 

I had the 'team of hamsters' from my moonroof when the temperature was sub zero. I wiped Silicone Spray Lubricant on all the seals and it seemed to stop the noise.

• Thanks 1

To get the best sound quality you need high definition MP3 files (320kbs) on a USB stick, NOT spotify.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I've just got a new fiesta and also have the rattle on the drivers side door. More noticeable on some tunes than others

Did any of you guys get yours sorted? I've had mine a matter of days...

On 8/24/2020 at 9:11 AM, joshshaw31 said:

I've just got a new fiesta and also have the rattle on the drivers side door. More noticeable on some tunes than others

Did any of you guys get yours sorted? I've had mine a matter of days...

Hi Josh.  No, sadly mine was never fixed despite a couple of tries with the dealer.  Some others have had more luck though as it seems to be the door panel / tray that causes a lot of the issues.  Mine could be 'lessened' by holding the door tray so I think mine could have been made better if I went to a dealer that cared a little more, but I sold the car.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club