Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fuel Filter on my Petrol 09 Focus?

Ford_lover38

Hi Guys, I was just servicing my car and it came to doing my fuel filter on my 2009 1.6 Petrol ford focus (the fuel filter came with my service kit). I got under the car and I cant see it the filter on the rear passenger or driver side. My question is, does my car have a external fuel filter? Or is it one with a filter built into the tank?

I've had a look online and I cant find any info and calling the Ford dealership for advice....well dont get me started on that lol

I have a 1.8 petrol and mine is definitely inside/ part of the fuel tank, I'm sure that all petrol's are the same.

Thanks for your reply mate, I think your right. Found a few places online which say the 1.6/1.8 & the 2.0 petrol's all have fuel filters fitted inside the tank. One noted below

"The Focus MK2/MK2.5 Petrol versions do not have a separate fuel filter. There is only a strainer located in the fuel tank on the intake of the fuel pump." - quote taken from JW1982 who posted on this thread

Well if you've found something Wilco has said (jw1982), you can bet your backside he's right!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club