Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Titanium Saloon Boot Latch Won't Operate

Peaky

Hi all,

I am writing this post as i have been pondering for some time now with the issue of the boot latch not operating.

I have dismantled the boot and the mechanism and I have a piece of sting that runs from the boot latch to the rear door so if I need to access the boot I still can, but it would be nice to be able to access the boot normally again.

Firstly the lock and unlock buttons on the key work fine for all the doors, but the boot would not unlock, the boot button does not operate anything at all when pressed like when you press the lock and unlock buttons i.e. lights flashing. 

I have completed several checks including: checking power source to the solenoid unit, checking operation of the switch (belling out and checking resistance) and doing a GEM control unit check (by pressing the window heater button and turning ignition on and operating buttons). All of this seems to be working fine. 

I have also been to a scrappy and swapped out the solenoid unit with two others, but still this does not seem to work. The micro switch on the solenoid unit also still works when operated (showing "luggage compartment" on the display). I suppose it is possible that the two units a swapped out are also faulty. 

I am not 100% sure where to go from here and am wondering if anyone else has had this issue and managed to solve it? Its driving me a bit nuts as i cannot figure it. 

Thanks in advance.

Stephen. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club