Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Upgrade Sony non dab to dab version

Rob20236

I have a 2011 pre facelift mk7 with the Sony non dab stereo with single plug at rear. I wish to upgrade to the dab version but every one I have seen for sale has 2 connectors at rear and 2 aerial sockets. 

Any help on what would be required to fit Sony dab stereo?

Thanks in advance

You need a DAB fakra loom and a DAB aerial plus base.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

On 05/04/2018 at 11:31 AM, Stoney871 said:

You need a DAB fakra loom and a DAB aerial plus base.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

Have you got a link to the loom as I can't find one anywhere 

I upgraded to DAB on my mk7.5 (facelift) Fiesta. Whilst I have 2 connectors (1 for Speakers, power etc. And other for SYNC (I think)), I didn't install a DAB aerial or the wiring loom and just plugged in the original FAKRA. Had it for a good few months and only dropped out a few couple times under a bridge or in middle of nowhere, but nothing that wouldn't happen if installed from factory.

• 3 weeks later...

So correct me if I’m wrong but from what I’m reading the second connector is only for ford sync which my car doesn’t have. bluetooth connects as Ford audio.  So if I only used the one connection would the dab version still work ,albeit without Ford sync?

would Bluetooth still work? 

Thanks in advance

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/31/2018 at 11:14 AM, Rob20236 said:

I have a 2011 pre facelift mk7 with the Sony non dab stereo with single plug at rear. I wish to upgrade to the dab version but every one I have seen for sale has 2 connectors at rear and 2 aerial sockets. 

Any help on what would be required to fit Sony dab stereo?

Thanks in advance

How did you get on with your dab upgrade? I was in the same position as you for months,  having a post 2010 prefacelift where the head unit only has one single connector plug on the rear, all I can say is just keep looking, you will find one eventually, I have my dab up and running and it works a treat (I had Sony non dab, now I have so y dab, I assume you know you will also need wiring from the HU to the booster aerial which located in the boot?then out to the ground plate in the rear wheel arch?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club