Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3 version 3

jsk

Have just read a post in 'Mk 8 delivery delays' by jakephillips05 where his Sync 3 is throwing up a message "search for available networks" on every start. Yesterday I installed the Sync 3 version 3 update to my system and now I am getting the same message every start. I did not get this on version 2.3. Very annoying, I have tried turning off wi-fi but still get the message. If any of you have any advice on how to get rid of this message it would be much appreciated. Otherwise it is just another box to tap each start up.

Try turning off the automatic update option? 

Thank you for that. It seems to have worked. Really can't see the point of the wi-fi function now that you can download updates from the Ford website to a USB.

1 hour ago, jsk said:

Thank you for that. It seems to have worked. Really can't see the point of the wi-fi function now that you can download updates from the Ford website to a USB.

"When you enable Automatic System Updates through Wi-Fi, SYNC 3 will download, install and activate available system updates when SYNC is connected to a Wi-Fi network, automatically.48 You can connect through your home or other Wi-Fi network.

Your vehicle need not be running during automatic updates. You’ll also be able to use SYNC during the updating process."

Saves on having to download updates to the  USB

I posted the following in this Mk8 Delivery Delays? thread :

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In settings, 'system wifi' I turned  'Wi-Fi availability notification' to off and it stopped the 'search for available networks' message.

syncwifi.jpg

I found there was an update available online, couldn't find it with wi-fi search but on the Ford website it was available. Haven't tried it yet, but hopefully it solves this issue cause it's quite annoying. It's now build 18025 if I'm right. Car was delivered last week, so I guess this update is available for everyone? 

Anyone know if the Spotify App Link works in the latest sync3 version? 

On 31/03/2018 at 2:31 PM, jsk said:

Have just read a post in 'Mk 8 delivery delays' by jakephillips05 where his Sync 3 is throwing up a message "search for available networks" on every start. Yesterday I installed the Sync 3 version 3 update to my system and now I am getting the same message every start. I did not get this on version 2.3. Very annoying, I have tried turning off wi-fi but still get the message. If any of you have any advice on how to get rid of this message it would be much appreciated. Otherwise it is just another box to tap each start up.

My car is running version 3 with the update function switched on but I'm not getting this message.

What I do get every time I switch on is this one which I can't find a way to disable. With this and various other stuff which comes up, eg screen telling me which seatbelts are fastened, I'm going to have to allow 5 minutes extra to cancel them all before setting off!

IMG_20180403_173351.jpg

4 hours ago, Jonson said:

57 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

My car is running version 3 with the update function switched on but I'm not getting this message.

What I do get every time I switch on is this one which I can't find a way to disable. With this and various other stuff which comes up, eg screen telling me which seatbelts are fastened, I'm going to have to allow 5 minutes extra to cancel them all before setting off!

IMG_20180403_173351.jpg

Ito a generic msg you can't get rid of it nor the seatbelt msg on your dash, the both take less than 30seconds to go, neither stop you driving, 

That message is a legally required disclaimer, you tend to get that on standalone sat nav units anyway.
It times out after a few seconds without any need to interact with it anyway.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

14 hours ago, pragmatix said:

Ito a generic msg you can't get rid of it nor the seatbelt msg on your dash, the both take less than 30seconds to go, neither stop you driving, 

As mentioned on another thread, I seem to have a problem with my particular car as we have timed the seat belt message at over 3 mins, enough to get a mile or so down the road. On mine it comes up over the digital mph and traffic sign displays which I use all the time as I'm trying hard not to get another ticket. So I need to physically clear it (or wait) before driving off. Will be raising this when I take the car in!

On 4/2/2018 at 4:36 PM, Martijn89 said:

I found there was an update available online, couldn't find it with wi-fi search but on the Ford website it was available. Haven't tried it yet, but hopefully it solves this issue cause it's quite annoying. It's now build 18025 if I'm right. Car was delivered last week, so I guess this update is available for everyone? 

I have failed to update over Wi-Fi, an update was never found despite being in range of my home network. However I have succeeded by the USB method. Now I'm faced with this:-

When your update has finished installing in your vehicle, it will create a log file (on your USB flash drive). Please use this page to send the log file and we will know if your system installation has worked.”

I've located the log file, it must be the one “utloggingutility.Interlog_utility” but how do I send it to Ford in order to complete the operation?

Will add to this if it is ok, not sure if it is the right section or not.

Think we have an issue with Sync3, SatNav. Mk8 St Line X.

When driving round a recently built area where we live, the satnav shows us off road or driving through fields.

There is a red circle with a line through it and the letters GPS. 

I can only presume that the Satnav needs updating does it?

If it does, it seems strange as our Mk7.5 shows all the roads through the new estate and is 10months older.... Very strange. 

Any ideas as the dealership don't seem to know the reason other than the maps may need updating, they don't know what the red circle with gps means, really on a 3 or 4 week old car. They want to collect it, have a look to see if there is an issue and return it sometime when they can book it in.

Edit.. Forgot to add, the satnav knows where the car is at all times, when you ask it where you are.

Another issue is the Text messaging service via Apple is still not working but we were told that Ford know about this and they are trying to fix it.. Still nothing.

Dealership have rang back, they know there are Sync3 issues with Satnav and Text messaging.

They are taking it in in a weeks time to have a look through the Software, hopefully to apply updates.

Ford know about the issues apparently and are rolling out updates slowly for Sync 3 and the Satnav.

We were told the mk7.5 will work fine as we have noticed as it is a lower Sync version which has no known issues of late.

We will see, will update asap.

The red circle means no satellite lock.
I had that a couple of months back.
Nav was still fine for a while but then started to slowly veer off into fields [emoji849].
A car restart sorted it out.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

Had the same issue with gps as mentioned on separate topic:

https://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/100267-mk-8-no-gps/

As Stoney871 suggests, switching off and restarting brought it back on, though inconvenient if it happens mid journey. 

On the subject of the OP, it seems I spoke too soon as I am now also getting this message every start up. Turning off the wi-fi availability notification doesn't get rid of it, but switching off automatic updates does. However as it appears Ford may be on to the problem with possible updates I am inclined to leave auto update on for now and live with the annoying message (it's only one among many, after all!) for the time being.

Totally off topic but just reading a 2 page article in Autocar on the Focus RS head gasket saga where Ford's response appears to have been somewhat tardy!

Just entered my VIN on the Ford website which informs me that a Sync update is available for my car. Can't do the usb method at present as my old PC is not connected to the web (old windows version no longer supported for security) and I haven't got round to getting a new one!). The car is however connected to my home broadband with a very strong signal so I assume it should get the update through the auto update feature in due course? Or will it have to wait for a visit to the dealer?

Must say Sync 3 seems to me like a system that's still at the beta test stage, not one on public release.

Yes that is what the dealership said. There seems to be a lot of issues still with sync3 that Ford are trying to sort out.

At least there seems to be sat nav updates etc. Will see when they bring it back what they have changed. Williams note of the post and pre update software versions.

On 01/04/2018 at 1:37 PM, Tiexen said:

"When you enable Automatic System Updates through Wi-Fi, SYNC 3 will download, install and activate available system updates when SYNC is connected to a Wi-Fi network, automatically.48 You can connect through your home or other Wi-Fi network.

Your vehicle need not be running during automatic updates. You’ll also be able to use SYNC during the updating process."

Saves on having to download updates to the  USB

I have been reading in a number of places that ford won't be issuing updates via wifi in the UK. Only way to update will be to use a USB. 

2 hours ago, pjcallow said:

I have been reading in a number of places that ford won't be issuing updates via wifi in the UK. Only way to update will be to use a USB. 

If that is the case, I may as well switch off auto update until I make a dealer visit and get rid of at least one annoying message. My car indicates that it has scanned for updates on 29 March at 15:58, so something must be happening? Or is it just calling up Ford and getting no answer?!

1 hour ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

If that is the case, I may as well switch off auto update until I make a dealer visit and get rid of at least one annoying message. My car indicates that it has scanned for updates on 29 March at 15:58, so something must be happening? Or is it just calling up Ford and getting no answer?!

Yeah I will be switching the auto update off until a new update fixes that. yeah I believe it checks for updates but ford don't publish the updates in the UK. Apparently ford are only allowing updates via wifi in the US. I do hope this changes tho!

Now here's a funny thing. Been driving round all morning (around 80 miles) on various errands, starting and restarting the car about a dozen times, not noticed the message mentioned in the OP once, whereas the other day it was coming on at every restart.

Just checked the Sync details now, and see it scanned for an update at 08.55, which is while I was parked in a strong public  wi-fi signal area outside our GP surgery. The details still say Sync 3, version 3, but the build no. has changed to 17276. It was previously 18025 as mentioned by Martijn89 earlier in the thread. I didn't see any icon regarding an update as the handbook suggests, but I was rather preoccupied whilst driving and had no reason to be looking out for it so don't know if it came up or not. The handbook suggests it only comes on for a few ignition cycles and as I say I'd been switching on and off all morning.

So something has certainly happened, but if this is an update wouldn't it be a higher build number? My first experience of Sync 3 so wouldn't know.

Has anyone made this work?

That looks like an Apple i-phone version of the Android auto we already have

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club