Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3 version 3

jsk

22 hours ago, pjcallow said:

Instruction link is here. 

https://cdn.fbsbx.com/v/t59.2708-21/29753864_10155167752016455_1576452327064207360_n.docx/Sync3_NavUpdateEUV2.docx?_nc_cat=0&oh=15f1c60fe46febb1da1b164bd74c66b2&oe=5AE84E1D&dl=1

Make sure you complete a master reset after install the maps. You have to be running on sync 3.3.

Do you mean Sync 3, Version 3.0 or is there 3.3 version?

8 minutes ago, Boosteri said:

Do you mean Sync 3, Version 3.0 or is there 3.3 version?

Sync 3 version 3. 

• Like 1

After reading this thread I thought I'd have a bash at updating my Sync.

After update I have Sync v3.0 build 18025. Gracenote v1.1.1.1127 and Nav F6.1, Does this sound about right?

All seems to working and no probs so far.

13 minutes ago, FiestaAndy said:

After reading this thread I thought I'd have a bash at updating my Sync.

After update I have Sync v3.0 build 18025. Gracenote v1.1.1.1127 and Nav F6.1, Does this sound about right?

All seems to working and no probs so far.

Sound about right. The current Ford update doesn't change the map version so that stays the same as before.

Car is booked in to dealership now. They say Ford Technical are going to update or change some software AND there is a hardware change available if the software route doesn't show any improvement.

Not sure what the hardware change is as they didn't specify but will ask when they return the car hopefully working.

On 23/04/2018 at 10:39 AM, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Since my last post mine has apparently scanned for updates a couple of times but remains on build 17626 so nothing seems to have changed. Everything seems to be working ok at present, apart from the GPS which drops out in upper Wensleydale, but nowhere else I've been so far. I should be back up there later in the week, so interested to see if it does it again!

So, been up the Dales again this weekend, no problems whatsoever on way out. On setting off on return journey, noticed the "no GPS" icon showing again, but satnav map and traffic sign recognition continued working correctly, whereas last time it was wandering all over the place and signs were only being picked up if the camera spotted them - weird. Stopped halfway home and the icon disappeared on restarting, again everything functioning ok. One difference from previous trip was the weather - dry and sunny this time as opposed to wet and cloudy.

4 hours ago, Mavroz said:

Car is booked in to dealership now. They say Ford Technical are going to update or change some software AND there is a hardware change available if the software route doesn't show any improvement.

Not sure what the hardware change is as they didn't specify but will ask when they return the car hopefully working.

Not been able to get mine booked in yet (my dealer does a free check at 1500 miles or 3 months so was hanging on till then, nearly there now.). I'm away next week, so looking to get it in after that by which time answers will hopefully have been found! Thanks for keeping us all updated on your progress!😀

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mavroz said:

Hopefully not something that involves dismantling the interior to swap.

16 minutes ago, avi said:

Hopefully not something that involves dismantling the interior to swap.

Amen to that!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, latest update.

Car was booked into the Dealership this morning, Ford were liasing with them to affect a fix for the loss of GPS on the Satnav.

Haha .... Still not fixed.

Apparently the dealership had not updated something correctly on the ETIS (i believe) and that showed Ford that the software was still an old version.

The software is the latest version savailable in the UK that is installed.

We have now escalated the problem to an official complaint with Ford. They are contacting the dealership tomorrow and then calling us.

Time to start getting serious i think......

Further update..... looking like a different antenna and a GPS module will be fitted to try and solve the issue.

Dealer says 3 in 5 of the new cars across the whole range, fiesta, focus, kuga etc etc are affected.

More next week when they get in touch.

Hello,

I have the Vignale with the DAB B&O stereo. After the upgrade to 3.0, the surround sound dissapeard and it seems that only stereo is working. The option Stereo/Surround Sound has dissapeared from the settings menu. Does anyone have the same issue or it's just me? I really loved the surround sound. Now, the middle dash speaker just dominates the sound and it doesn't sound stereo at all. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.

9 hours ago, arisgardelis said:

Hello,

I have the Vignale with the DAB B&O stereo. After the upgrade to 3.0, the surround sound dissapeard and it seems that only stereo is working. The option Stereo/Surround Sound has dissapeared from the settings menu. Does anyone have the same issue or it's just me? I really loved the surround sound. Now, the middle dash speaker just dominates the sound and it doesn't sound stereo at all. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Do you not have the front/back left/right settings I keep mine Stereo and have it set around the middle of the car to to avoid the middle dash speaker dominating.

Just now, Tiexen said:

Do you not have the front/back left/right settings I keep mine Stereo and have it set around the middle of the car to to avoid the middle dash speaker dominating.

Yes, the ballance settings are still there, but I never changed them. The surround feature was pretty nice because it gave depth to many songs and because I do lot's of miles, I wanted to enjoy music during my long trips. Now, it sounds like a factory stereo.... I'll go to my dealer, but I have no hopes. So far I've dealt with dealers that were just pretty useless salesmen. Even my current dealer that I've bought my fiesta seemed like a nice guy, but after the sale, when I've tried to ask some technical issues, for example where to power my dashcam and my alarm, they started selling me their own chinese cr@p cameras and alarms and didn't bother. But this is a serious problem for me. I'll keep you updated.