Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3 version 3

jsk

4 minutes ago, Tiexen said:

That looks like an Apple i-phone version of the Android auto we already have

think it's intended to be a neater way of accessing Waze rather than the method which worked even before updating SYNC3 which was to fire up Android Auto and Waze on Android smartphone and connect phone to car with USB lead. Something newsworthy seems to have happened recently with Waze and SYNC3 but I confess to being a bit confused..... 

6 minutes ago, wealdman said:

think it's intended to be a neater way of accessing Waze rather than the method which worked even before updating SYNC3 which was to fire up Android Auto and Waze on Android smartphone and connect phone to car with USB lead. Something newsworthy seems to have happened recently with Waze and SYNC3 but I confess to being a bit confused..... 

Not sure - all I can find is:

Ford announced at CES 2018 that it will soon offer Waze integration on its Sync 3 infotainment system. Instead of having to check your phone to use Waze, you'll be able to plug in your phone and run the app directly through the infotainment screen.

7 minutes ago, Tiexen said:

Not sure - all I can find is:

Ford announced at CES 2018 that it will soon offer Waze integration on its Sync 3 infotainment system. Instead of having to check your phone to use Waze, you'll be able to plug in your phone and run the app directly through the infotainment screen.

Hope this comes out soon! 

I've a suspicion that we're not permitted to cross-reference to other forums - but I'll try anyway.

This exchange is relevant http://www.talkford.com/community/topic/378769-sync-3-and-waze/ and it suggests I'm being premature. Just trying to be at the cutting edge! 

Sync 3 update:  when I picked up the vehicle 5 weeks ago I set mine to automatically download by Wi-Fi. Following this thread I checked to see the current status and it advised that on 03.04.18 it did a search. Unfortunately I hadn't made a note of the version at time of purchase but it is now showing: Build 17276 / Maps F6.1 / Gracenote 1.1.1.1127  I also forced a Wi-Fi search again today and nothing changed.

Having read that updates might only be available by USB I then went on the Ford website - upon entering my VIN it advised that an update was available. I downloaded this onto a USB stick and followed the installation instructions. The system is now still showing exactly the same versions as above so if the version I downloaded from the website is the most up to date - and nothing has been changed on my system - it is therefore possible that a Wi-Fi update was automatically carried out on 03.04.18 - although I did not remember any message to say that it had been. As I now have a record of the versions currently installed I will keep an eye on it to see if anything else gets automatically updated in the future - I would much prefer automatic Wi-Fi updates than messing around with downloads and USB sticks.

Note: VIN number - looking on the vehicle it looks like this is 12 capital letters followed by 5 numbers but when I put this in the Ford website it kept rejecting it. After several failed attempts I then tried changing the third letter O to a zero and it worked.  Might be worth remembering.

Good point about the zero it catches lots out.

interstingly my car was in thecdealers for something else and I had a courtesy car that was running 6.1, my car is 4.15 and is newer than the courtesy car, when I asked about the updates the dealer said there's none available for my car, I havnt figured that one out yet, don't trust my dealer, they used to be good but now part of a bigger group and customer service had gone downhill

On 09/04/2018 at 12:34 PM, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Now here's a funny thing. Been driving round all morning (around 80 miles) on various errands, starting and restarting the car about a dozen times, not noticed the message mentioned in the OP once, whereas the other day it was coming on at every restart.

Just checked the Sync details now, and see it scanned for an update at 08.55, which is while I was parked in a strong public  wi-fi signal area outside our GP surgery. The details still say Sync 3, version 3, but the build no. has changed to 17276. It was previously 18025 as mentioned by Martijn89 earlier in the thread. I didn't see any icon regarding an update as the handbook suggests, but I was rather preoccupied whilst driving and had no reason to be looking out for it so don't know if it came up or not. The handbook suggests it only comes on for a few ignition cycles and as I say I'd been switching on and off all morning.

So something has certainly happened, but if this is an update wouldn't it be a higher build number? My first experience of Sync 3 so wouldn't know.

Just spent another morning driving around with multiple stops and restarts and still not getting the annoying message on Sync. My car was definitely showing build no 18025 when I first got it (1March) but changed to 17276 yesterday without any intervention from me so this suggests that wi-fi update is operational. I would have thought an update would be a higher build no, but all seems to be working fine so happy with things for now.

1 hour ago, pragmatix said:

Good point about the zero it catches lots out.

Yes, it certainly caught me out the first time I tried it! 

Hi All

When I started this post I had just updated my Sync 3 from the download on the Ford Sync update site. After the update I went back on line and confirmed the update had been installed. On checking the website a couple of days later it said that there were no updates available as I was up to date. Fair enough. Yesterday I rechecked the update website and was informed that there was an update available again. When I downloaded this new update I noticed that the file name was the same as the previous update. Today I installed this supposed new update to the car. Nothing had changed. Build 18025. Gracenote 1.1.1.1127. Maps F6.1. Same as original update. Why Ford decided I needed the same update again I don't know.

On 4/6/2018 at 7:28 PM, wealdman said:

I have failed to update over Wi-Fi, an update was never found despite being in range of my home network. However I have succeeded by the USB method. Now I'm faced with this:-

When your update has finished installing in your vehicle, it will create a log file (on your USB flash drive). Please use this page to send the log file and we will know if your system installation has worked.”

I've located the log file, it must be the one “utloggingutility.Interlog_utility” but how do I send it to Ford in order to complete the operation?

On 4/6/2018 at 11:05 PM, Zico said:

Visit https://www.ford.co.uk/owner/resources-and-support/sync-bluetooth/update#/

From here it allows you to upload the log file.

Now I'm sorry to be especially dim here but despite Zico's help I still don't see how to upload the log file in order to complete the update by USB procedure. I've gone back to the Ford SYNC & Maps software page, entered my VIN, clicked "Browse for log file" and I've located a log file on my USB stick - it can only be this one "utloggingutility.Interlog_utility " but now what?

Opening the log file yields in Notepad:-

" InterrogatorLog() +
CopyInterrogatorLog +
Interrogator log generation unsuccessful
CopyInterrogatorLog -
InterrogatorLog() -
getVINnumber thread already terminated" .

It doesn't look promising! Maybe it's not important anyway? BTW it's build number 18025.

4 hours ago, wealdman said:

Now I'm sorry to be especially dim here but despite Zico's help I still don't see how to upload the log file in order to complete the update by USB procedure. I've gone back to the Ford SYNC & Maps software page, entered my VIN, clicked "Browse for log file" and I've located a log file on my USB stick - it can only be this one "utloggingutility.Interlog_utility " but now what?

Opening the log file yields in Notepad:-

" InterrogatorLog() +
CopyInterrogatorLog +
Interrogator log generation unsuccessful
CopyInterrogatorLog -
InterrogatorLog() -
getVINnumber thread already terminated" .

It doesn't look promising! Maybe it's not important anyway? BTW it's build number 18025.

Hi, are you able to take a picture of how the files are located on the USB?

This is how they were located on my USB and the updated worked fine. I suggest giving it ago again. (ignore the PS4 folder)

x4a73fzjf7cehi28lqhf16mog2pwr2tf.png

Your usb should look like this all the files should be inside the folder

EF02EDD2-CA2B-4408-8839-ADEE9C9DEBE4.jpeg

2 hours ago, pragmatix said:

Your usb should look like this all the files should be inside the folder

EF02EDD2-CA2B-4408-8839-ADEE9C9DEBE4.jpeg

Yes that's exactly what I have but in addition I find a file "interlog_20180406143454" and I supposed that must be the one I'm asked to upload to Ford (but I don't know how).

Just to recap: car is updated to SYNC3, version3, build 18025. All that (slightly!) bothers me is the final step where one is supposed to upload a log file to Ford.

I'm inclined to do nothing more.

50 minutes ago, wealdman said:

Yes that's exactly what I have but in addition I find a file "interlog_20180406143454" and I supposed that must be the one I'm asked to upload to Ford (but I don't know how).

Just to recap: car is updated to SYNC3, version3, build 18025. All that (slightly!) bothers me is the final step where one is supposed to upload a log file to Ford.

What about inside the folder. What are the file names? 

Did you extract them? 

56 minutes ago, wealdman said:

Yes that's the one  to upload

6 minutes ago, pjcallow said:

What about inside the folder. What are the file names? 

Did you extract them? 

When you down load you down load a zipped file unzip but leave the files in the folder

5 hours ago, wealdman said:

After the update has been carried out in the car, the system will create a file ending .log . Using the link in the previous post, enter your VIN (if you don't have this to hand then visit www.etis.ford.com and enter your reg plate) and click the Confirm Update button. On the next screen the button reads Browse for log file whereby you just need to look on the USB stick for the .log file that has been created.

Further to my earlier post I wasn't 100% convinced that I had downloaded successfully after all, as I was still on build 17276 and I didn't get a successful download message. I therefore had another go again last night and it worked - I now have build 18025 and the successful download icon appeared at the top of the screen. I think the problem the first time was that I didn't unzip the file when I transferred it to the USB stick (too old for all this fandangle technology).

As described by Zico - after the successful download I then went back to the Ford website, re-entered my VIN and clicked on the update completed button - it then asked me to browse for the file on the USB - it is the only one shown as a .xml file and when you click to open it automatically sends the message to Ford and they immediately acknowledge the successful update.

I would still prefer automatic updates via Wi-Fi rather than having to keep checking the website to see if updates are available, however, as I now know what to do via USB will live with it. Does anyone know if Ford offer anything where you can receive emails when updates are available?

• Like 2

Even though my experience varies from Zico's and Oldbean's (and thanks to both) - I had neither a .log or a .xml file - when I return to the Ford website I find "Your software is already up-to-date. No action is required." So I'm content.

To be honest, I can't recall if the file was a *.log file or not. I upgraded my Sync 1.1 ages ago now and normal log file types are *.log. If Sync users XML then that's probably what to look for on the USB stick.

Car (St line X) been into dealership today, they say they had to update the software three times as the first two times it crashed.

The dealership collected the car and dropped it back off to initially update the Sync3 and Nav as the car completely lost where it was, lost GPS lock.Stop car, turn engine off, turn back on etc cleared the issue for a few more miles, do you really have to keep doing this??.

Anyway they have updtaed to build 18025, Gracenote 1.1.1.1127, maps Vf6.1

The upgrade has not cured the problem whatsoever, it is still there.

Rang them half hour ago, they said they could not take car back until the 1st May.... Haha, really.

5 week old car that doesn't work properly. service manager is collecting again tomorrow or Wednesday to solve the issue. 

How can they solve the issue when the latest upgrade doesn't clear the issues???

Can feel good will gestures coming along again here....

Thoughts anyone?

Well, mine is still on build 17276 having backdated itself from 18025 on 9 April. No further problems since then (lost GPS signal 2 weeks ago up the Dales, restored on restart once home). Been back up the Dales this weekend (we keep a static caravan up there as a walking base) and lost GPS again. Came home today, stopped halfway back and restarted and GPS was restored. 

Can't really pin down whether this is an issue with the car or just a bad area for signals - mobile signal is hit and miss up there and the wi-fi on our caravan park comes and goes also.

Losing GPS is annoying though as it partly disables the traffic sign recognition, which is a feature I really value. I had hoped the update/backdate/whatever from 18025 to 17276 might have solved it, but certainly find I don't get the annoying message (as per the OP) with 17276.

The dealership confirmed today that the issue IS with Ford Sync 3 and the Sat nav software. They have talked with Ford regarding the issue as ours is the 3rd car this week with the issue that has been in for a software update. Ford know there is an apparent issue and they are working on the software to remove the problems.

There is nothing else the dealership can do for customers at the moment but will contact them as soon as a fix is released.

Build 18025 is the latest version available to dealerships in the UK.

24 minutes ago, Mavroz said:

The dealership confirmed today that the issue IS with Ford Sync 3 and the Sat nav software. They have talked with Ford regarding the issue as ours is the 3rd car this week with the issue that has been in for a software update. Ford know there is an apparent issue and they are working on the software to remove the problems.

There is nothing else the dealership can do for customers at the moment but will contact them as soon as a fix is released.

Build 18025 is the latest version available to dealerships in the UK.

Thanks for that update - obviously no point in hassling the dealer at the moment then!

• Like 1

No, that is basically what they said in a nice way. We have also just contacted Ford themselves to see what explanation they can offer as I think this may start to fall under the consumer credit act where we have purchased something or are paying for some part that isn't fit for purpose and have been sold the car with features that don't work as they should.

6 months to receive the car and then sent with features that don't work with no apparent fix isn't really good enough...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Mavroz said:

6 months to receive the car and then sent with features that don't work with no apparent fix isn't really good enough...

Ditto that. Annoyed that I've struggled for 6 weeks trying (as I thought) to come to terms with changes to the systems since my last Ford, when it now seems it doesn't work properly anyway. Grrrrr............!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club