Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Car Mats

Benlavelle

Morning Guys n Gals, 

I'm been looking to buy some new car mats for my ford focus mk3 estate. I currently own some genuine Ford mats which are great however, the drivers one has some serious wear on it now. With that in mind I've noticed that the drivers mats is significantly smaller than the passenger mat, as a result there's some wear on the carpet underneath. 

My question is does anyone know of any mats that look genuine but might be a little longer? The RS mat looks to be a few inches longer but I'm not sure that'll fit the clips.

Anyways let me know your thoughts.

Ben.

1 minute ago, Benlavelle said:

Morning Guys n Gals, 

I'm been looking to buy some new car mats for my ford focus mk3 estate. I currently own some genuine Ford mats which are great however, the drivers one has some serious wear on it now. With that in mind I've noticed that the drivers mats is significantly smaller than the passenger mat, as a result there's some wear on the carpet underneath. 

My question is does anyone know of any mats that look genuine but might be a little longer? The RS mat looks to be a few inches longer but I'm not sure that'll fit the clips.

Ben.

Has your drivers side mat got a hole in it like mine? Quite annoyed of the insane wear on it

Yeah, two holes near the seat for clips to keep it in place? 

I know it's alittle annoying that's why I'm looking for a "longer" one to avoid anymore wear.

51 minutes ago, Benlavelle said:

Morning Guys n Gals, 

Ben.

I found these Floorliners to be about the best in terms of custom coverage and wear protection. I guess it depends if you want a carpet finish, which find tends to wear though pretty and allow crap to get under at the sides.

https://www.weathertecheurope.com/uk/products/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwqYfWBRDPARIsABjQRYwmVCiwcfKKOJheVfhTmKHOkXLEbNZMJaOlJSzRsPbkuga5SpQKEe4aAnuwEALw_wcB

I use these guys; Www.Carmats4u.com. They do custom tailored ones so can have them just the way you like them. Good quality and use existing connectors as well.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

i got a cheap rubber car mat £2 from wilko and popped it underneath my driver side car mat, made my current driver side mat last 3yrs so far. will be investing in some ford rubber car mats later this year for a change from the carpet type

I use some "custom tailored" Focus mats from eBay, the drivers one has a double layer of carpet where your heels sit, partnered with some proper Ford mat clips.

I wear through mats quite quickly due to protective boots I wear for work. The work vehicles have a piece of grippy reinforcing material where your heels sit to prevent you wearing through the (quite thin plastic) floor...

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/04/2018 at 7:18 PM, andypsp said:

i got a cheap rubber car mat £2 from wilko and popped it underneath my driver side car mat, made my current driver side mat last 3yrs so far. will be investing in some ford rubber car mats later this year for a change from the carpet type

I have always used carpet type mats but need new ones now so was thinking about getting the rubber type ones. Are the rubber type ones better and more practical do you think?

For me personally rubber mats are far more practical, I think carpet mats arguably look smarter but for sheer practicality I prefer rubber mats. They are definitely better for dealing with mud and rain etc and cleaning them is easy.

I’ve bought a full set of genuine Ford rubber mats for our (new to us) Focus that we pick up in a few hours time. I’ll be taking them with me to throw straight in the car before we drive off :biggrin:

• Like 1

On 02/04/2018 at 9:27 AM, avi said:

I found these Floorliners to be about the best in terms of custom coverage and wear protection. I guess it depends if you want a carpet finish, which find tends to wear though pretty and allow crap to get under at the sides.

https://www.weathertecheurope.com/uk/products/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwqYfWBRDPARIsABjQRYwmVCiwcfKKOJheVfhTmKHOkXLEbNZMJaOlJSzRsPbkuga5SpQKEe4aAnuwEALw_wcB

These look good but pretty expensive, would be good to get a review someone that has them.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club