Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SYNC 3 update error - can anyone help?

Jorg

Hi,

Have been getting the error code PKG_ERR03 when I put the USB stick into my car.

I noticed the .MSA file has 0 bytes in the properties, does anyone know if this is correct.

• 2 weeks later...

ALAS!! It appears that Ford have fixed the issue. 

Just gone through the process exactly the same and had no issues at all, all installed and up to date correctly!

Downloaded with Firefox and used The Unarchiver 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hey Soggy - I used that URL that you posted and successfully got past the errors to install the software on my truck. 

https://ivsubinaries.azureedge.net/owner-package/2312344331665956361/SYNC3_2815874155_Update.zip

Now the language is being spoken in French even though the option is set to English on my vehicle. Any ideas on this? 

• Like 1

On 4/3/2018 at 5:07 AM, pragmatix said:

This is what your usb stick should look like

3563A0CE-3C62-4A26-86B6-287E71AE21A9.jpeg

I know this is kind of an old thread but I also need to resolve the issue. I have this in my thumb drive (usb) but error still persists.

Scoggy,

Thanks very much for all your help on this issue. I went through all of the Multcloud steps, without success. But I used the Russian set of links and was able to download the corrupted file separately and replace it, using the rest of the files from the Zip download. FINALLY, I got an update to work.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have been able to update my maps to F9 whilst still using Sync 3.3. Going from Sync 3 v 2.3 to Sync 3 3 was a nightmare as Ford posted corrupted upgrade files for a while on their website.

Maps F6 to F8 upgrade was over 24Gb, but I got  a 64Gb stick in an Argos sale for £8.

After travelling any distance post Lock down was finally permitted, it took about 40 mins to do the first phase of the f6 to F8.  When the upgrade re started a corrupt file was reported. When I got home I found the maps had got to F8 and all appeared to work.  I downloaded the F9 update and rather than try to finish off the F8, I just let it install F9 from the stick, which took about 35 mins.  After restart it proceeded to do the rest, but I had to go home so that was only 15 mins and was forcibly partly interrupted.   it took a further 15 mins of driving to completely finish the F9 upgrade.

Reply if you want more info.

I have only just purchased my Kuga 2018, and it says F6.1. Having put my VIN in the ford site it proceeded to point me to the update. I have downloaded it, but it says error. the file size 

was only about 6ghz. Not the large file people talk about.Is the sync 3 update and the sat nav update the same thing?

Any help would be great.

Thanks

I had the error (Installation Failed Error Code: LST_ERR05) on my mac.

After downloading the file, I had to unzip it from the command line using the following:

➜  ~ cd /Volumes/FLASH\ DRIVE
➜  FLASH DRIVE ls
➜  FLASH DRIVE unzip ~/Downloads/filename-AS.zip
Archive:  /Users/johnpeery/Downloads/filename-AS.zip
 extracting: DONTINDX.MSA
warning:  /Users/johnpeery/Downloads/JR3T-14G381-AS.zip appears to use backslashes as path separators
  inflating: SyncMyRide/filename-THA.tar.gz
  inflating: SyncMyRide/filename-TCB.tar.gz
  inflating: SyncMyRide/filename-AHJ.tar.gz
  inflating: SyncMyRide/filename-CE.tar.gz
  inflating: SyncMyRide/filename-AS.tar.gz
  inflating: SyncMyRide/filename-CB.tar.gz
  inflating: SyncMyRide/filename-AAB.tar.gz
  inflating: SyncMyRide/filename-AB.tar.gz
  inflating: autoinstall.lst
➜  FLASH DRIVE ls
DONTINDX.MSA    SyncMyRide      autoinstall.lst
➜  FLASH DRIVE

After this, my truck properly recognized the USB Flash Drive and its contents.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/2/2018 at 5:07 PM, pragmatix said:

This is what your usb stick should look like

3563A0CE-3C62-4A26-86B6-287E71AE21A9.jpeg

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi im having an issue updating my sync software on my 2016 Ford Fusion i did the steps and Itll install and then say install failed not enough space something like that. i got a 32gb drive so idk what the problem is

Hello

i have recently updated Sync 3 Maps update and unfortunately during the first part of the install it took so long I had to stop the install. After that I kept getting an error code ERR5. And also when I tried inserting the USB stick it wasn’t recognising it. So I did a master reset on my sync 3 software which was already up to date. I had updated the software few months ago so I don’t think it undid that, it just reset some of the preferences. But this didn’t work. I then reformatted the usb stick again and extracted the downloaded ZIP to the USB (2 files and the folder the containing more zipped/compressed files). This finally worked. Installation completed and it copies a XML file into the folder which I then load onto my ford page and it confirms I have successfully updated my software.

hope this helps anyone has the ERR3 or ERR5 code. Just reformat the usb stick and start again. 

Ricky

Having problems with my 2019 kuga keep getting err05 phones the number given and then was informed I would have to ring a premium rate line, then contacted my local Ford dealer from whom I bought the car from 3 months ago and was informed it would be £100 for them to sort it not happy with Ford at all and after buying Ford for quite a few years can safely say this is my last. ps I will not pay £100 out of principle so will just keep trying

• 2 weeks later...

You have to use WinZip to extract the files. I use WinRAR. Breaking the install down into four parts as suggested works until you get to part 3, then it fails. My final attempt after eliminating one variable after another was to download a trial version of WinZip and use it to extract the files from the zipfile. And then it suddenly worked and I didn't have to break the install into four parts.

Also of note:

1.  If you break the install into four parts, once the first part completes, WiFi update appears to work - there is actually a button to cause it to check for updates and you get a status indicator spinning giving the appearance that something is working. That being said, while this was going on, my install completed from the USB stick.

2. A log file was written to the USB drive, but it was not an XML log file, so I was not able to perform the last step to update Ford with the new Sync information.

After the upgrade completes, I have the following versions...

Vehicle:  2016 F-150 Lariat

SYNC 3, Software Version:3.0

Build 19205_PRODUCT

Gracenote Version 1.1.1.1130 (GL-0011)

20201004_204602766_iOS - Copy.jpg

Files on USB post install.png

Hi All!
I've described 100% steps which help all of you, who has errors with extracting archive and PKG_ERR03 
This steps in russian (for my convinience) but all can do translation)))

Have FUN)

Preconditions.
1. Добавить в Хром экстеншн Online Download Manager

qWoWAUm2fxj74MyyJ3E99MSW_FOwWyUAUHk74Dd-LBZxOQcOWdOKkPrUaEBv4hi-z-9LcaXfFmkWJKqpClpzTiccWXbSaRVg0HMM55WbzzlhEiFJz-gF914yQxu8SzMRq3APdVVD

2. Зарегистрироваться на сайте https://www.multcloud.com/ и добавить свой гугл диск, который скачает файл прямо на гугл диск по ссылке.

Как обновить систему

1. Зайти на https://help.ford.com/update-sync/usb/

2. Ввести свой VIN, нажать энтер

3. Нажать скачать (при этом должен быть включен экстеншн Online Download Manager)!!!!!!

4. Когда скачивание началось скопировать source link в Online Download Manager

kT9vPI5ZhdXqK8zPhQ9SaJqLKE5rAuznLBQzTIFfjO9pxWhj5ZqSk-xfZuKtC_Dqi-PV1YxHMlbscsoAoV9ZiypuBzirznw_JwwvyIk9yOpWD4FhOUu72W2w0_VFLN7LLdE1W6tf

1. Зайти на https://www.multcloud.com/ открываем функцию скачать файл на диск при помощи ЮРЛ

image.thumb.png.3a76e7e82f75dd4dd6eb7fbf832ee73c.png

1. Вставить ссылку с 4го шага

2. Когда архив загрузился на диск - скачать и разархивировать архив

3. Файлы скинуть на флешку exFAT (я брал винчестер с хорошей скоростью)

4. Вставить флешку в USB в машине и ждать обновления

• 1 month later...

Posting this for peoples reference as its taken me a lot of detective work and testing to figure out that its a really easy problem to fix. The issue with USB drives not being recognised is down to one thing, the partition table for the drive formatted in exFAT, must be an MBR partition table and not GPT which is the default for a lot of flash drives, SanDisk drives tend to work for this because they come with MBR partition tables by default.

Instructions for changing the file table type are online Here

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 8/21/2019 at 8:21 AM, HeatherS said:

I'm also having problems downloading this update by Mac. 

The Mac is automatically unzipping the main files - and I'm having to manually create 'SyncMyRide' and putting all but the 2 listed files in there. Do they also need unzipping? I'm getting the ERR_005 message as well. 

second image is just taken where the files are still copying over to my USB - its these files that I don't know if I should unzip as well?

Thanks Heather 

Screenshot 2019-08-21 at 16.18.34.png

Screenshot 2019-08-21 at 16.20.17.png

I have the same problem where I have to manually create the SyncMyRide folder.  I had this problem last time I updated 2 years ago.  I've got the Wifi to connect but seems like it takes forever.  Still getting the LST Errr05.  Any thoughts?

Sync3 files.png

• 1 year later...

My 2014 shows it needs this SYNC update.  Got the files on a USB drive.

Following all instructions, the update launches, proceeds to step 5-of-6, then displays the Ford logo, then a blank screen, then displays "Updating SYNC Image - Waiting for the USB Storage device.".

Then displays "Problem detected with USB Storage Device.  Please contact SYNC support or try to download the update again.  Remove the USB Storage Device to cancel this update."

Tried it twice, and got the same result.  Everything still works on the previous version after the update process closes.

Appreciate any solutions anyone may have, but if not, then I'll schedule the local dealership to handle it.

The vehicle did write a new file "Vehicle.edb" to the USB drive during the process.

23 hours ago, tcold said:

My 2014 shows it needs this SYNC update.  Got the files on a USB drive.

Following all instructions, the update launches, proceeds to step 5-of-6, then displays the Ford logo, then a blank screen, then displays "Updating SYNC Image - Waiting for the USB Storage device.".

Then displays "Problem detected with USB Storage Device.  Please contact SYNC support or try to download the update again.  Remove the USB Storage Device to cancel this update."

Tried it twice, and got the same result.  Everything still works on the previous version after the update process closes.

Appreciate any solutions anyone may have, but if not, then I'll schedule the local dealership to handle it.

The vehicle did write a new file "Vehicle.edb" to the USB drive during the process.

I disconnected my phone via bluetooth, and the update installed successfully!  Problem Solved.

• 5 months later...

I had the same problems as listed above...

After working at it for almost the day I got it to work:

On your USB stick you should have the following:

autoinstall.lst
DONTINDX.MSA
and a folder named SyncMyRide

Within that folder there should be only your files in .tar.gz format (leave them in that format).

mine had SyncMyRide\ in the name of the file when I unzipped it... It kept giving me the last_erro5. Once I removed the SyncMyRide\ in front of all the files in the SyncMyRide folder it worked like a charm.

Hope this helps 🙂

Vince

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club