Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Capless Fuel Problem

JoBoy99

Anybody else had any issues with their capless filler, when I go to fill up the handle will keep shutting off whenever I squeeze more than half-ish, so it means I have to fill my car up more than twice as slow and it takes ages. it shuts off as if I'm full but as I know I'm not because the fuel light was on, it shouldn't do it. it happened as soon as I squeezed the handle today and its rather annoying.

I know it isn't the pump as I have used it with a couple of different cars before and has been fine, but since I've had my new fiesta with the new capless filler its been playing up.

33 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

Not Sainsburys by any chance?

No, it was BP today but sometimes use Tesco and it still does it then, at different pumps and different locations

has it always done it? how long have you had the fiesta?

Are you using it as descibed in the manual and on the inside of the filler flap?

• Like 1

Keep the nozzle straight with no canting whatsoever plus make sure the nozzle is fully in.
Any variations will trigger the pumps cut off.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, iantt said:

has it always done it? how long have you had the fiesta?

Had it 3 weeks and it has done it every time I refill

quite often its user error. make sure you insert fully then let it rest down on filler neck making sure within reason the nozzle handle is not at an angle. inside the fuel cap a diagram shows as mark said.

The new fillers seem a bit different to the older ones I had similar on my new Cmax but the problem was me not inserting it far enough and had some angle on it.

• 9 months later...

I had the same problem. I did exactly as the handbook said i.e. I inserted the nozzle to the first notch and it kept cutting out, eventually I inserted the nozzle to the second notch and , hey presto, it works fine.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club