mrbazzerman

Radio switching off after 10 seconds

Hello!

just purchased a focus 2009 titanium which has a sat nav radio. I was told that the battery had just been replaced however since doing so the radio/sat nav does not stay on for longer than about 10 seconds. 

I have been been able to program the date/time and it does remain correct, however it will not stay on. 

Is there a way to check the battery or should I check the wiring behind the radio?

thanks!!!

Hi Andrew! I just bought my 2012 Mondeo Titanium 2.0l diesel a week past Friday gone and from the first day,the Sony DAB radio goes off after 2mins...earlier if I open a door.

It doesn't have Sat Nav,and the radio works with the engine running....it just won't work when the engine is stopped!

The Dealer who I bought it from is going to discuss any aftersales problems i have with the car generally,with a view to putting things right.

The dealer's are REDBURN MOTOR COMPANY in Blyth Northumberland...and all the staff have been very pleasant to deal with so far.

They corrected problems that I pointed out pre-sale,so I am not expecting any fuss over this radio problem when I take the car back in this week,as arranged.

Although this is not a new car, it is pretty immaculate,and to be tarnished by a high-tech radio that I have to leave the engine running to play a CD,or listen to the radio,while having an in-car snack....well, I think Ford have a lot to answer for!

I will try to remember to update you on my progress...hope it doesn't turn into a saga like other members have experienced!

I forgot to say that the 'Low battery' warning light was on when I test drove the car,and which the salesman said was probably a key fob battery low.

Well,the light also displays a car battery symbol next to the warning message,so not the fob!

I will be discussing this with the after-sales staff member,who after ten minutes with me,discovered that,after 50 years of owning,maintaining,and driving cars,I have a pretty fair knowledge of the workings and failures of them!

I agree with some members comments about how a simple bad or loose connection,or bad earth on a circuit,can cause the techie major headaches!

Hope we both get sorted quickly!

Thanks very much WA07 for replying and going into all that detail. Any help that you can provide once you get an answer would be great. 

Cheers