Do Not Sell My Personal Information

reversing camera

mrmetallica

ive just bought a reverse camera p.jpg.df797738b291d8a92de77c2a578ee7ba.jpg this one

the instructions are not readable i understand the light wires go to the number plate light wires.i take it the red wire on the yellow connector goes to reverse light to switch the camera on ?

there is a red wire on both yellow plugs each end do i jut use one for the reverse light ? could see pics on the how to.

20180403_162100.thumb.jpg.44bdbe35d504ef0f826e8cf1821252d5.jpg

1 hour ago, J4ny said:

Thank you very much for the help mate. 

So if im looking for a kit it would have to be pre facelift? And the one above I would need the RS headlights. 

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

11 minutes ago, F0CUE said:
1 hour ago, J4ny said:

Thank you very much for the help mate. 

So if im looking for a kit it would have to be pre facelift? And the one above I would need the RS headlights. 

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

whats that all about ?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, mrmetallica said:

ive just bought a reverse camera p.jpg.df797738b291d8a92de77c2a578ee7ba.jpg this one

the instructions are not readable i understand the light wires go to the number plate light wires.i take it the red wire on the yellow connector goes to reverse light to switch the camera on ?

there is a red wire on both yellow plugs each end do i jut use one for the reverse light ? could see pics on the how to.

The red wire passes through from one end to the other, so you can pass the reversing signal up the wire to your head unit, or potentially provide power to your camera, or all three.

I have mine unused as my head unit detects reverse from the canbus network, and camera tapped into where my parking sensors are attached.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Micro said:

The red wire passes through from one end to the other, so you can pass the reversing signal up the wire to your head unit, or potentially provide power to your camera, or all three.

I have mine unused as my head unit detects reverse from the canbus network, and camera tapped into where my parking sensors are attached.

so are you saying i have to connect a wire in between the 2 red wires to bridge them ?

6 hours ago, mrmetallica said:

whats that all about ?

Lol I had clicked the quote button on another post and somebody spoke to me so I had somehow pressed into your post and replied but couldn't delete it.

• Haha 1

It's the detection trigger wire. Used to turn a stand alone display on. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nazsky786 said:

It's the detection trigger wire. Used to turn a stand alone display on. 

thank you.i finally found out on line some where after searching all day

3 hours ago, mrmetallica said:

so are you saying i have to connect a wire in between the 2 red wires to bridge them ?

No, what I meant was it runs the length of the wire so can be used to either supply power to the camera, or supply power to the display to switch into reverse, or both. If you already have a reverse wire powering your camera, and a reverse signal (or canbus signal) at your head unit/display, then you don't need it.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Micro said:

No, what I meant was it runs the length of the wire so can be used to either supply power to the camera, or supply power to the display to switch into reverse, or both. If you already have a reverse wire powering your camera, and a reverse signal (or canbus signal) at your head unit/display, then you don't need it.

ive got it now thank you

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club