Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Mk2 Owner - 2 Issues

JoeyTaffy93

I purchased my first Ford yesterday, a 2005 Focus Ghia 2.0 TDCi, so far so good except for two problems.

1. The inside of my boot is quite damp, I've noticed water around the drivers side of the boot which looks like its dripping from around the light cluster, is this likely the case or something else?
2. The tailgate won't open via the button on the boot, I have to use the keyfob. I hear this could be the switch?

Many thanks.

The release buttons are prone to corrosion, replacements are readily available and a straightforward swap.
Water in the boot could indeed be from the holes where the light mounting studs sit, check that the rubber bungs are in place.
Could also be the vents mounted behind the bumper side mounts.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

• Like 1

Worth a look. I also had leaking problem when I used roof racks and used screw holes on the roof to fix the racks. When not in use you need to seal the screw holes or they will leak.

Hinge area leak MK2

I recently noticed the spare wheel area sopping wet - dried it out best I could but haven't had time to find the root cause yet.  The video says it is the hinge point of the boot lid so will have a look at that.  He also siliconed the light clusters but that will be a pain next time he needs to change a bulb! 

On the boot switch, it happened to me once a few years ago and I found that if I press downwards at the same time as pressing the switch button this openned fine and has been OK ever since.

9 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

The release buttons are prone to corrosion, replacements are readily available and a straightforward swap.
Water in the boot could indeed be from the holes where the light mounting studs sit, check that the rubber bungs are in place.
Could also be the vents mounted behind the bumper side mounts.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

Thanks for that info, I will take a look into them. If it's the holes from the light mountings, is there a fix to this?

1 hour ago, Tonis_T said:

Worth a look. I also had leaking problem when I used roof racks and used screw holes on the roof to fix the racks. When not in use you need to seal the screw holes or they will leak.

Hinge area leak MK2

Will check it out, thank you!

57 minutes ago, south_bound said:

I recently noticed the spare wheel area sopping wet - dried it out best I could but haven't had time to find the root cause yet.  The video says it is the hinge point of the boot lid so will have a look at that.  He also siliconed the light clusters but that will be a pain next time he needs to change a bulb! 

On the boot switch, it happened to me once a few years ago and I found that if I press downwards at the same time as pressing the switch button this openned fine and has been OK ever since.

I'll give it ago before replacing the switch, thanks!

Also check round the spoiler, water can get through where it mounts to the boot with the 5 bolts and then run down into the wheel well. Mine leaked from there so when I swapped to a ST spoiler I sealed it and now all sorted. 

46 minutes ago, Dave1981 said:

Also check round the spoiler, water can get through where it mounts to the boot with the 5 bolts and then run down into the wheel well. Mine leaked from there so when I swapped to a ST spoiler I sealed it and now all sorted. 

Ok, I'll take a look there too!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club