Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Question for Mk3 (2011-2014) owners

shiwarrior

Currently looking at getting one of these for my next car at some point

Just have a couple of questions if anybody knows the answers ?

Im looking at a 1.6 ecoboost Titanium X  (150/180 BHP model) , Looking on Eurocar parts at batteries, and there are 3 different types, so i am unsure which is the correct one

2nd question, can the Start/stop fetaure be turned off ?

Thanks for your help

Stop start can't be disabled permanently I'm afraid but there is a button on the centre console to disable it manually once you've started the car, it's a bit of a pain but after a while it just becomes routine.

battery wise, either of these two will be good, the top one is standard spec the bottom one has a higher ampage.

Before buying one check if it has had the recent recall currently being done for the 1.6 ecoboost yet. Mine hasn't been called up for it yet I'm still waiting. There's a thread on it here somewhere.
Apart from that they are very nice cars I've got the 14 plate 1.6 Zetec S 182 myself and they are lovely little engines. The titanium X trim is nice too.50e0c0723e16f2f646947e5c3f5d02a3.jpg

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

there is a way to switch it off via foccus software and elm327. as for batteries shown, you can see they need to be efb battery. you can get them for around £100 from www.tanya.co.uk for a yuasa battery

• Like 1

Is there any reason you'd want to switch the SS off permanently?  You get used to it quickly and it starts immediately so it's not like you're holding people up at the lights which was my main concern. I've never found a need to switch it off so far.

Thanks for the replies people, appreciate it

Just curious at this stage

My thoughts on S/S - When you come up to a roundabout and as soon as you decide to go, the engine turns off to a split second before you use the accelerator, so you would have to wait again id imagine ?

anyway,  just keeping an eye on prices at the moment, still too high for me, but i keep looking

Stop start only stops if you apply the handbrake, select neutral and lift the clutch fully.

At a roundabout you just keep the clutch down in first so you're ready to go and the engine won't stop.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Stop start only stops if you apply the handbrake, select neutral and lift the clutch fully.

No, the handbrake doesn't need to be on.

I wasn't sure about the stop/start before I got the car, but by the time that you've pressed the clutch and engaged 1st gear the engine has long since started.

• Like 2

stop start doesnt bother me, hardly notice it working .

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jeff-d said:

No, the handbrake doesn't need to be on.

I wasn't sure about the stop/start before I got the car, but by the time that you've pressed the clutch and engaged 1st gear the engine has long since started.

Hmm, it does in mine, might be different between pfl & fl?  If I let the handbrake off on a slight hill the engine starts, then stops again when the handbrake is re-applied which is annoying when there's only 2ft to roll forward in traffic.  

15 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Hmm, it does in mine, might be different between pfl & fl?  If I let the handbrake off on a slight hill the engine starts, then stops again when the handbrake is re-applied which is annoying when there's only 2ft to roll forward in traffic.  

If the engine is out of gear and handbrake off and it starts to move when in stopped mode it detects the movement and will start the engine again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DJ_Andy_M said:

If the engine is out of gear and handbrake off and it starts to move when in stopped mode it detects the movement and will start the engine again.

Ah, makes sense.  Now you mention it, I can't think when I'd be out of gear and clutch up without the handbrake on lol.  I'll have to try it later lol.

Hi all, 

I've recently purchased a MKIII 1.6 Zetec 105 and I've got a couple of questions about my new car, if that's ok?

First off, the console lights don't seem to come on in daylight hours. I've changed the dimming setting between daylight and auto but it doesn't seem to make any difference. Do the lights on the stereo console always stay off in the daytime?

Secondly the fuel consumption doesn't seem great. My last two cars were diesel so I was expecting a drop in MPG but I'm only just getting 400 miles out of a tank and that's mainly motorway driving keeping the revs at 3,000 or just under. Does that sound about right?

And the main problem (which the dealer is looking into next week) is the radio itself - it's been doing some very odd things. 

It's absolutely fine in the mornings but in the afternoons and evenings it's like the radio has a mind of its own. It will change channels and frequencies, go to the settings menu and scroll through all the options, all by itself! It's like someone is hitting all the buttons on the console! 

I did notice when I first start the car up, a graphic of the left side radio controls on the steering wheel appears on the display, so I'm guessing there might be a fault there like a loose connection or something? The dealer (not a Ford dealer by the way) said that this was standard on start up "So you know you can control the radio from the steering wheel"...  That doesn't sound right to me but I would appreciate any feedback to confirm this is normal on start up or otherwise. 

Many thanks. Darren. 

1 hour ago, DarrenPH said:

Hi all, 

I've recently purchased a MKIII 1.6 Zetec 105 and I've got a couple of questions about my new car, if that's ok?

First off, the console lights don't seem to come on in daylight hours. I've changed the dimming setting between daylight and auto but it doesn't seem to make any difference. Do the lights on the stereo console always stay off in the daytime?

Secondly the fuel consumption doesn't seem great. My last two cars were diesel so I was expecting a drop in MPG but I'm only just getting 400 miles out of a tank and that's mainly motorway driving keeping the revs at 3,000 or just under. Does that sound about right?

And the main problem (which the dealer is looking into next week) is the radio itself - it's been doing some very odd things. 

It's absolutely fine in the mornings but in the afternoons and evenings it's like the radio has a mind of its own. It will change channels and frequencies, go to the settings menu and scroll through all the options, all by itself! It's like someone is hitting all the buttons on the console! 

I did notice when I first start the car up, a graphic of the left side radio controls on the steering wheel appears on the display, so I'm guessing there might be a fault there like a loose connection or something? The dealer (not a Ford dealer by the way) said that this was standard on start up "So you know you can control the radio from the steering wheel"...  That doesn't sound right to me but I would appreciate any feedback to confirm this is normal on start up or otherwise. 

Many thanks. Darren. 

Please start a new topic not gatecrash another one :)

• Like 1

Tried it this afternoon...you're right, it will stop in neutral with the clutch up with the handbrake still off.  I'm not sure when that scenario would ever occur in real world driving though, felt weird holding the footbrake without the clutch. :unsure:

• Like 1

19 hours ago, DJ_Andy_M said:

Please start a new topic not gatecrash another one :)

I'm looking for help and the only help you've provided so far is to tell me to stop posting on threads. You'd prefer the board to be crammed with hundreds of different threads?

This thread is called "Question for Mk3 (2011-2014) owners" I have just bought a 2012 Mk3 Focus and I also have a couple of questions. So how are my questions not relevant to this thread?

Mk3 Focus owners are presumably going to look at this thread to see what the question is and if they can help - so perhaps they will also see my questions about a car that they own and they might be able to help me also?

Does that make sense? 

On 06/04/2018 at 9:11 AM, DarrenPH said:

I'm looking for help and the only help you've provided so far is to tell me to stop posting on threads. You'd prefer the board to be crammed with hundreds of different threads?

This thread is called "Question for Mk3 (2011-2014) owners" I have just bought a 2012 Mk3 Focus and I also have a couple of questions. So how are my questions not relevant to this thread?

Mk3 Focus owners are presumably going to look at this thread to see what the question is and if they can help - so perhaps they will also see my questions about a car that they own and they might be able to help me also?

Does that make sense? 

That is what a forum is for and how you use it. What you have posted is completely off topic and completely irrelevant to the thread and conversation in hand. Either use the search to see if any other posts or topics exist in relation to your questions or start a new topic so that it is easier to find later for other people who have similar questions to you.

On 05/04/2018 at 2:58 PM, TomsFocus said:

Tried it this afternoon...you're right, it will stop in neutral with the clutch up with the handbrake still off.  I'm not sure when that scenario would ever occur in real world driving though, felt weird holding the footbrake without the clutch. :unsure:

i do that all the time, ok on the flat and hill assist kicks in on an incline 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

i have another question

i managed to get some Engine oil cheap from work, but i do not know if its the correct one

ive checked against eurocarparts and the only thing i can see differently is the words "stop-start" on the bottle

It is Castrol Magnatec STOP-START

5W-30 A5

FULL SYNTHETIC

Gasoline & Diesel Engines

says Ford on the back of the bottle though

can anyone help ?

thanks

2 hours ago, shiwarrior said:

i have another question

i managed to get some Engine oil cheap from work, but i do not know if its the correct one

ive checked against eurocarparts and the only thing i can see differently is the words "stop-start" on the bottle

It is Castrol Magnatec STOP-START

5W-30 A5

FULL SYNTHETIC

Gasoline & Diesel Engines

says Ford on the back of the bottle though

can anyone help ?

thanks

yes thats the correct oil for your car, Castrol just like to make people think its special with the words start-stop on the label 😀

• Like 1

cool cheers mate 🙂

i'll keep them for my new car then 😄

20 hours ago, andypsp said:

yes thats the correct oil for your car, castrol just like to make people think its special with the words start-stop on the label 😀

And gives them a reason to charge a few more quid for it!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club