Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk8 Touchscreen Day/Night/Brightness?

Jonson

Is it possible to permanently select the "Night" colour scheme with a sensible brightness level? It's permanently too dim for me and the brightness slider doesn't change it.....?

night colour scheme will always be dim during the day as it is designed to be to prevent glare at night. any reason you want the night theme during the day. 

My understanding of the manual is that you can choose a light or dark background and brightness is controlled independently (manual or auto).

I would prefer the dark background because it looks far less *****.

If I select night mode, it changes colour scheme and goes dim. If I then select auto, the dark scheme remains but the brightness auto adjusts correctly as I would expect. However, following a power cycle it reverts to the light coloured scheme. Which makes me wonder if it is a bug.

From my experience so far, the brightness only seems to adjust the day view. I have found that in auto it changes to the dark screen quite early, eg today it went about 7pm. Agree with you the night mode looks classier somehow, but I did try it in the daytime and found that when the sun came out (unusual in UK I know, but it does happen!) it was very badly affected by reflections, and I soon reverted to auto mode.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club