Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Missing heated steering wheel option

Rob S

Hi all,

Can anyone please help? Just taken delivery of a new 18 Plate Mondeo Vignale. According to the standard spec and the manual it is supposed to have a heated steering wheel. There is no physical button for this and according to the manual it should be an option on the Sync3 Climate screen. There is no option to select on the Sync3 screen therefore I am baffled how I use this function.

I have spoken to the dealer but so far they are unable to help. Does anyone have a new Vignale who can confirm?

Many thanks

On 05/04/2018 at 4:17 PM, Rob S said:

Hi all,

Can anyone please help? Just taken delivery of a new 18 Plate Mondeo Vignale. According to the standard spec and the manual it is supposed to have a heated steering wheel. There is no physical button for this and according to the manual it should be an option on the Sync3 Climate screen. There is no option to select on the Sync3 screen therefore I am baffled how I use this function.

I have spoken to the dealer but so far they are unable to help. Does anyone have a new Vignale who can confirm?

Many thanks

It's definitely controlled through Sync 3 rather than with a dash button on the Sync 2 cars.  Was the engine running when you tried to find the option within Sync 3?

I have an ST Line and the heated steering wheel on/off is on the sync3 home screen between the heated seats icons.

On 08/04/2018 at 12:06 AM, 1979Damian said:

It's definitely controlled through Sync 3 rather than with a dash button on the Sync 2 cars.  Was the engine running when you tried to find the option within Sync 3?

Nothing there with the engine running. Attached screenshot of the climate screen.

20180405_144550.jpg

20180405_144537.jpg

This is a screenshot of what the Sync 3 screen should look like if you have the heated steering wheel option (from the latest owners guide off the Ford web site).

Missing Image

I'd be taking yours back to the dealer and asking WTF :unsure: even their own web site says it's a standard feature on the Vignale.

image.thumb.png.6c692f4c7024741c3227e06973a3f42b.png

Unfortunately it's a lease car so I have to go through the lease company who don't seem to have a clue. Everything else is fine, great car and very impressed.

Will keep you posted.

On 09/04/2018 at 8:52 AM, Rob S said:

Unfortunately it's a lease car so I have to go through the lease company who don't seem to have a clue. Everything else is fine, great car and very impressed.

Will keep you posted.

Make sure you keep on at them, you've paid for the feature by paying for a Vignale.  When it's been sub zero all night it makes an early work start a bit more tolerable if you don't have to wear gloves for the 1st 5-10 minutes of driving!

On the home screen I have this ( Latest software V3 )

IMG_0465.thumb.jpg.e34e7ee7839c09ebc0e52c99b0ef8ee8.jpg

6 hours ago, vectra said:

On the home screen I have this ( Latest software V3 )

IMG_0465.thumb.jpg.e34e7ee7839c09ebc0e52c99b0ef8ee8.jpg

Have you also got it showing on the Climate screen?

On 4/11/2018 at 7:45 AM, 1979Damian said:

Have you also got it showing on the Climate screen?

I will check shortly for you.

Have a look
top right hand corner

IMG_0539.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing on my climate screen or home screen. Booked into the dealer next week so will keep you posted.

20180405_144550.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Dealer has confirmed that it "should be there" but has been missed off in the build process. Now needs to be logged as a "miss-build" with Ford so not sure what will happen.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rob S said:

Dealer has confirmed that it "should be there" but has been missed off in the build process. Now needs to be logged as a "miss-build" with Ford so not sure what will happen.

Good luck with that, hope you get it sorted

6 hours ago, Rob S said:

Make sure you keep on at them, they'll probably hope you'll get bored if they delay in sorting it for long enough.

Also, how to hell do they miss a mandatory item of their top spec Vignale build?!?  So much for the "enhanced" QC/QA checks that the Vignale trim cars are supposed to go through before leaving the factory. :wallbash:

• Like 2

Well this is the reply from the dealer...

"There have been a small number of Vignale 150PS units built without the heated steering wheel. Unfortunately it is impossible to retrofit the feature.

A paper has been raised to cover compensation for the lack of this feature and a communication will follow shortly. 

Thank you for your patience whilst we investigated this issue."

• Sad 1

impossible my ars.... what they mean is that its more hassle then the cost of compensating you. ah well, least your getting something.

• Like 1

Better than nothing I suppose, but very poor quality control.

• 9 months later...

What is button to right of volume knob, below AC and above air recirculating?

Shame we never heard what the compensation was for missing heated steering wheel.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, isetta said:

Shame we never heard what the compensation was for missing heated steering wheel.

I'd have been absolutely raging, not so much for that specific feature being missing but due to the price premium paid for a Vignale and then receiving a sub-standard product.

• 1 year later...

I too have a problem with the heated steering wheel on my 2016 Vignale, but it's different to that being experienced by the original poster.

For me the option for the heated steering appears on the climate screen as you'd expect, but the checkbox remains unlit when selected...very frustrating.

I purchased this car from a used dealer at the end of February, so any pointers on what might be amiss and any suggestions to remedy it would be welcome.

Many thanks

• 1 year later...

I’ve just bought a 2016 vignale from a used car dealer and have this issue also, again from a used car dealer. Do I contact Ford for them to address the problem?

Well you could contact them but I doubt you will get anywhere whatsoever, not being the original owner and the fact it is now over 5 years old 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club