Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Mk2 Focus Daily Project

JoeyTaffy93

Hi all. 

My first project thread with a Ford... something I thought I'd never do. It's a 2005 Ford Focus Ghia 2.0 TDCi which I've purchased as a cheap daily for my 40 mile round trip commute I do with my new job. I've actually replaced a 2013 BMW 330d with it so quite a step down but I've got a sensible head on for savings in the long run. So the car was purchased on Monday and it does require some TLC as I'll explain after some pictures. It's had a recent service and front brakes, a terraclean and engine decarbonise with the receipts for all, which was the main reasons I purchased it over anything else local.

TSn0iFk.jpg

KYs0HsO.jpg

bDCMWAb.jpg

cr5J5pl.jpg

Problems:

• alloys corroding badly
  • The tailgate has a dent just below the Ghia badge
  • I have a problem with the front windscreen washers as it sends the water to the back but operates the front intermittently. We're thinking pump so will need to investigate further
  • Water ingress in the boot from the right hand side, thinking the rear light judging by the water trail and dampness
  • Plastic is broken around drivers side mirror

Plans/Mods:

• Tidy up bodywork, a friend is a vehicle painter so will fix as much as he can
  • Refurbish current or replace alloys with 17/18"
  • Leather interior seats if any comes up for the right price
  • Upgrade head unit from standard Ford one with a touch screen/bluetooth/etc
  • Upgrade mirrors to integrated indicators with powerfolding if possible
  • Mk2.5 rear lights (I much prefer the honeycomb style)
  • Replacement Ford badges, have ordered a set of Black/Silver gel ones for the front, rear and steering wheel
  • Possibly get a second/replacement key fob as the current is far from great
  • Retrofit DRL of some kind, I miss having them on the BMW

Let me know your thoughts/recommendations. Cheers.

• Like 1

Looks good. I also say on looking on upgrading the lights to LED. Could also look at getting 3D gel plates. I'm actually looking at getting these plates. 

Screenshot_20180406-192737.png

Thank you, I think I prefer pressed plates, but I'm unsure if they'll suit the Mk2 Focus? LED's are a worthwhile upgrade I think, good idea.

Small update, replaced the badges with gel badges, changed the head unit to a Pioneer one, nothing special just wanted USB and a touch screen, also replaced a blown sidelight bulb (came like it).

Out with the old:

OIZo4x6.jpg

In with the new:

YfIqGAE.jpg

And then the badges, I went for black/silver. :) 

dY1TuwG.jpg

2CREYLN.jpg

lIvfsGl.jpg

Next update will most likely be sorting this water leak in the boot.

• Like 1

cant go wrong with the gel badges fella and will keep my eye on what you find is the cause of your boot leak

Good luck with the project. Looks like you've got a good list of jobs to be getting on with already!

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club