Do Not Sell My Personal Information

parking sensors and rain

marshal62

Hi guys, has anyone experienced parking sensors going off when you select reverse when there's nothing near you after driving in rain?? i have one rear sensor playing up, it gives a red warning and a continuous bleep too, when i select reverse. 

I've got aftermarket sensors and have one that is very sensitive to the fine spray off of cars in front.  Not had any issues going backwards though.

mine are factory option fitted.

Mine or 1 of them does the same thing no idea what causes it at the mo but I have a sneaky suspicion that it’s th connection that gets wet

Yes that was my first thought. might try to clean the connection then put some vaseline around the joint. Sunny / dry days, no problem at all 

• Like 1

Mine are fine in rain only issue I get is when the get dirty the same one plays up

I've recently had one of my front ones going red in slow traffic. Seems to have stopped again now though.

What I do find interesting is that other cars with similar systems can set them off from quite a distance. I was next to someone with a merc and both of our screens lit up with red sensor warnings at the same time yet we were far enough apart that typically the sensors wouldn't normally pick something up.

• 2 years later...

One of my front left kuga parking sensor is going off each time i stop. I guess the rain is running over the sensor setting it off. Very annoying and no idea how to stop it. Any suggestions or should I take it into Ford? Thanks

I have aftermarket on an ST2 and this isn't uncommon, if raining. Usually going back to neutral and into reverse again helps as the rain water has normally shifted, but if not its usually when a little grubby too. They're more sensitive to things when a little moist..

On a Tit-X with factory, this happens less in the wet but when it does it seems to be more of an issue with ingress on at least one sensor, as shifting out and back in to reverse doesn't always clear it for at least a couple of goes.

I think its just more unfortunate design than a 'fault specifically. Annoying at times though. Might be worth giving them all a good once over with a makeup brush and some cleaner, and potentially treat them with something hydrophobic to help water bead off and not stick.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club